Want server or plugin help?

J_Rolo's Avatar J_Rolo7/5/15 4:50 pm
7/7/2015 9:00 pm
J_Rolo's Avatar J_Rolo
Hello minecrafters! I'm Arnen. I'm an experienced plugin developer and server admin. I quit minecraft a year ago, and recently returned. At that time, I owned a successful factions, survival, and minigame server with at least 40 people on at any given time, which I had managed for over 2 years. I shut the servers down after my host went out of business. Now, I am wanting to help people manage servers, free of cost (although some recognition on the server would be appreciated). Whether you need help making minigames, solving a bug, or teaching you how to do it yourself, I will help you. My goals are to:

Help new server owners know how servers work
Teach them how to manage a successful server
Find and create plugins for servers.
Solve technical problems in modpacks, plugins, and help debug errors.

I will NOT:
Build hubs/maps (although I can help you find some to use)
Moderate the chat or help with player issues
Be a permanent staff member
Create a server (you must already have it set up with a host)
Advertise your server (although I can give you tips on how to do it yourself)

If you are having any trouble, please post below, and I'll make sure to try the best I can to help. Some things I will need is who your server is hosted by, what you are trying to accomplish, and in some extreme cases with bug fixing and plugin failures FTP access. I do NOT require to be OP. I am also planning on releasing a set of plugin and server tutorials soon.

Are you interested? Post below about you problem, or use PMC's private messaging system. I will not use Skype or email for spam purposes. You can check the message system by checking the little envelope at the top-right of your screen. This is what I will use to talk with you.
J_Rolo
Level 5 : Apprentice Modder

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/07/2015 6:51 pm
Level 1 : New Network
Honour Victus
Hello J_Rolo,

We are in need of some custom plugin help and was wondering if we could talk in detail via skype? I understand you are probably very busy and have your own projects and will not be a permanant part of any team but was hoping you could help us and teach us in a way that will allow us to make plugins on our own two feet.

Thanks
07/07/2015 9:00 pm
J_Rolo
Sorry, but I can't use Skype. If you want to make your own plugins, start by learning Java and then try using one of the following Bukkit tutorials:

Honestly though, you can just ask me what kind of plugin you want, and I'll get it for you. (You can tell me over PMC's private message system if you don't want anyone else to know). A lot of ideas have already been turned into plugins you can use, you just have to know where to find the plugins.
07/07/2015 2:12 pm
J_Rolo
Here's a possible sneaking plugin:
For the shop plugin there's a lot of choices. I'll try to narrow it down. You can have:
  • A command that opens a GUI shop
  • Players can make their own shops
  • Auto-adjusting prices based on how much people buy

Maybe try to be a bit more specific.
As for the chat plugin, I looked for a solid half-hour without finding anything that could do that, except a spigot premium plugin (costs money).
07/07/2015 1:14 am
Level 1 : New Miner
DamagePirate
I'm trying to recreate the good old days in minecraft factions was fun and everyone had relatively the game gear and stuff like that.

However, I'm in need of two plugins that haven't been updated since 1.0.0/1.5.2.

The plugins are AutoSneak, and GlobalShop. AutoSneak allows a players, or admin, to do /sneak and their character will crouch. But you can still move at the same speed as you normally would.

GlobalShop is like essentials in that you can do /sell. But this plugin allows you to do /buy. For example, /buy cobblestone 10.

Also, just something that you don't 100% have to do (not saying you have to update these for me, but if you do, you don't have to make this one if you don't want to) But make a plugin where the chat is above the hearts to make it look like this:

Really useful imo because you can have the chat fully extended while still being able to see how much health you have.

Here are the links to the plugins:
http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/autosneak/
http://www.curse.com/bukkit-plugins/min ... globalshop

Thanks
07/06/2015 9:45 pm
J_Rolo
Ok, here's the commands you can use in-game:

https://github.com/Multiverse/Multivers ... -Reference
07/06/2015 8:12 pm
armidi
J_Rolo I know how to put them in, I just need help using them like in the game. Setting some things up.
07/06/2015 8:19 am
J_Rolo
Well, multiverse is a plugin that allows you to have multiple worlds in one server. For example, the overworld, the Nether, and the End are all minecraft worlds. But what multiverse does is it allows you to create your own worlds. Say you wanted 2 nether worlds, or maybe a separate world to place your hub in. Mineplex doesn't own thousands of minigame servers. Rather, it owns a few for each minigame, and each minigame has a lot of different worlds in it. It's helpful if you want to have multiple games, or types of survival, but don't want to buy another server for each.

In terms of using multiverse, most of multiverse runs off of one giant plugin known as [Multiverse Core. This allows you to manage currencies, chat, and generation for any worlds you want. It has a few add-ons, such as an add-on that allows you to make portals between the worlds. They have a few tutorials here:

Multiverse-Core doesn't do anything more than create and manage worlds. For minigames, or gamemodes, you will need to get those plugins separately. Make sure that somewhere in the plugin it says that it has multiple-world support, else it might not work (but it might. You never know).

For gaining a fanbase, I would HIGHLY suggest not having minigames until you have a good amount of people on at all times. You always need a minimum amount of people for minigames, but for survival or creative, you don't. I would try to make some type of unique gamemode or minigame. Servers that just have survival or factions won't get a lot of players. Why? Because why not go to a bigger, better server for survival? However, if you're the only one having _____ on your server, then people go to you. If you don't have anything unique, then try giving high rewards for voting on sites like PMC for the server.

Also, I would definitely suggest NOT giving random people staff. If someone comes on for the first time and asks for staff, deny them. Staff members should be people dedicated and loyal to the server. The best are people you know IRL. Don't forget that you can always remove staff members if they aren't doing their job. You might lose a few players because they don't want to be on the server unless they're staff and have OP mode or something like that, but if they leave that easily, they can't be good staff in the first place.
07/06/2015 7:18 am
gejicraft
I have a a hosted server on ubuntu that I am connecting to with putty. I am not having any server side trouble, but I am an inexperienced owner and have no clue how to setup a multiverse world, gain a fanbase, or manage and make my server successful.

I have posted in recruitment to no avail, any tips or help would be highly appreciated!
07/06/2015 6:13 am
J_Rolo
armidi, I solver your problem with the world folder. Trapgod, good luck getting started.
07/05/2015 8:35 pm
armidi
J_Rolo could you help me set up plugins to my server. It would be very helpful. My skype is eddie_ellis2 if you'd like to talk some things over. THANKS!
07/05/2015 7:57 pm
Ozorii
We need help with multiple plug ins, we need a builder for a hub, and possibly a person good with multiverse please skype me at Blackstarthekid1337
07/05/2015 7:48 pm
J_Rolo
BobJoe, I got the minigames and hub plugin for you. Trapgod, are you still needing anything?
07/05/2015 5:26 pm
Trapgod
I need help from an experienced server owner. I am having trouble obtaining members and using the right plugins, any help would be appreciated.

If you have skype, my skype is blastman.psd
07/05/2015 5:09 pm
Level 23 : Expert Pig
BobJoe425
Can you code plugins for my server? e-mail me at kennethchen@live.com
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome