What it takes to be a popular server

dogpoop's Avatar dogpoop4/24/13 9:21 pm
1 emeralds 133 3
4/24/2013 10:40 pm
MCRique's Avatar MCRique
Hello, I am just curious on how servers, lets say, Like Lava Craft, Gained so many players? My server is a 24/7 50 slot. We usually have 10 people on. I would atleast like to get to 20 or 30 on at a time. Our community is great. And the stuff to do is endless. Survival, plotworld, creative world. Could someone inform me on good strategies to earn players? Sorry if its in the wrong place.

75.127.13.169:25565
dogpoop
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

MCRique
04/24/2013 10:40 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Caveman
Drop Parties and Big Rewards. Don't be skimpy, at first! If you want players to stay, give them a good reason!
macgarthur
04/24/2013 10:37 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Network
It's not just about advertising and installing new plugins, you need to improve the gameplay and also give the server the dedication is requires. Nothing goes further than an attentive staff who not only is available, but also listens to their player base. No amount of advertising will get you more players than going the extra mile to make sure you don't just have a server online, but the best on available.

On my server we truly go the distance for our community, we aren't a large server roughly 20 players on each day we peaked at 35 players last Friday, but we value quality over quantity and would much rather have a smaller server but a solid community, rather than a huge server full of immature children and drifters.

FYI Votifier does help a lot since it's a win win scenario for both you and the players. Word of mouth however like many things will be your number 1 source of advertising.
Javi_San_Power
04/24/2013 10:30 pm
Level 42 : Master Blockhead
Advertise more? idk =-= im in the same position as you >.> but with less players
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome