What type of offline server do YOU want?

Andy3202's Avatar Andy32026/5/15 8:59 pm
6/6/2015 8:41 pm
eawsegrggdfggdr's Avatar eawsegrggdfggdr
Hey everyone,

So I am planning on releasing my offline network to the public and I would just like to know what the public wants.

Currently I have completed/made the following servers

- Factions
- Parkour
- Prison

The following servers are in the making

- Skyblock
- Arcade

If you have any suggestions as to what I should do on these servers, or any suggestions of servers I should add, feel free to let me know and I will reply

Thanks,
Andy3202
Andy3202
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

eawsegrggdfggdr
06/06/2015 8:41 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
ArenaSnowGood, then.

I would get back on topic, but that would leave no topic until the Op responds.

I fixed it
raidarr
06/06/2015 8:31 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
Good, then.

I would get back on topic, but that would leave no topic until the Op responds.

Edit: Fix noted.
raidarr
06/06/2015 8:23 pm
I simply found it a little odd for that to be the highlight on an "one and only" minecraft news website. Particularly with it being the only bit of news I can find on there.

I'll give one bit of input on the design; all caps on all text doesn't really appeal to me at all.
eawsegrggdfggdr
06/06/2015 8:30 pm
I just finished that, our old website is www.mcnews.eu, we have a lot more stuff on there.
I was actually in the process of fixing the all caps.
raidarr
06/06/2015 8:02 pm
I'll be honest, the first thing I saw on the above site was Lego Worlds...
eawsegrggdfggdr
06/06/2015 8:04 pm
Is that a problem?
eawsegrggdfggdr
06/06/2015 7:47 pm
If you are going to be releasing your server to the public, I would like to offer you a partnership with us, I am the web designer for MC News. We are a minecraft website that posts articles and blogs on the latest minecraft News.
Check us our here: www.mcnews.eu/home
To apply for a partnership, just click on the "Partners" tab on the header.

(When you become a partner we basically advertise you for small amounts of $$)
raidarr
06/06/2015 7:36 pm
Then I await completion.
raidarr
06/06/2015 10:38 am
Alright, well, bottom line - keep what you have, stick with it, develop it. Mingames are fine, but make what you have the best it can be, then add more. Having everything doesn't really matter when everything is average, verses a server that has over time created everything - at high quality.

Do ya have an IP yet for it?
Andy3202
06/06/2015 6:02 pm
Not yet, at this stage everything is just being developed until I am happy with what I have completed. I will however tell you the IP once it's finished
raidarr
06/05/2015 11:01 pm
Right, well, the first two posters can bugger off as they are saying that in a forum where offline and hamachi servers are the norm.

Now then, on topic.

I like, as with all servers, something new. Prison, Factions, Skyblock and all regular minigames have all been extremely overdone and are by no means new or original ideas that hold too much weight anymore. I always talk about the thousands of factions servers. That's just cracked ones, never mind the motherload of premium ones.

I'm looking for something "creative". Not the game mode, but the thing that brings something new to the table. Or at least something that isn't done much AND is done correctly. I would be willing to help with things so long as the server is open in my evening time as it really is a pain when it isn't.

If you insist on staying with what has been done, then maximise the content and the replayability of what you have and add based on what your ESTABLISHED PLAYERBASE says. I say established because there are striking examples around there of almost a hundred people declaring support for something and maybe 3 actually sticking to it. Quality over quantity; there's already plenty of servers that both "have it all" and have done those things very well over time.
Andy3202
06/06/2015 3:31 am
Thanks for your reply, and I completely understand what you mean by the huge amount of Factions servers, and how they're all the same, and I have already taken that into account.

With my factions server, I will have a large number of custom enchantments that players can apply to their items.

The prison server will also have some of these custom enchantments, which will mainly be for the pickaxes and weapons, and there will be mcmmo which I do not see on a lot of servers.

The skyblock server won't have any custom enchantments because I would like it to be kept mainly "vanilla". There will however be a shop that contains items such as iron or gold, which are not easily accessible or are impossible to get in plain vanilla. These items will be quite expensive and for the players to purchase these items, they will need to create farms to earn/sell items and purchase items from the shop.

Finally there is the Arcade server. This server will be connected together with roughly 5 other server, completely custom coded. Some of the minigames include tntrun, sword switch, CTF and more

Hope you like my plan for this network
Karrfis
06/05/2015 9:03 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Birb
we don't want them, buy a minecraft account or don't play
Andy3202
06/05/2015 10:07 pm
I know that a lot of people feel this way about cracked servers, but the way I see it with my server is that I do not want to restrict players who for whatever reason cannot purchase a minecraft account. I myself have a minecraft premium account but I know there are a lot of people who are unable to purchase a minecraft account, so I have decided to create a server which is free to join for anyone no matter their current situation with minecraft.

Hope you understand
Foosky
06/05/2015 10:02 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Ranger
Amen
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome