World War Z themed server project

Knyghtfalcon's Avatar Knyghtfalcon6/25/13 6:18 pm
1 emeralds 533 7
7/2/2013 9:00 am
charbison's Avatar charbison
I want to create a server, directly based on Max Brooks: World War Z and his famous "Zombie Survival Guide".

The server would be a complete custom map and landscape, possibly based on a city and surrounding area in the United States of America. Looting would be possible, as well would pvp. The server would be hardcore and include every aspect of zombie survival possible from the book.

From infection, to the zombie stats and behavior. I want it to resemble the book as much as possible. There would be a death ban(Not to serious, but enough to keep players on their toes) The death ban would instill fear and caution on players, who may think twice about fighting those zombies, or attacking another group of players. Thirst and hunger would also be a big deal. Zombies would be able to break through certain materials, and humans would also be able to move the same materials. Nothing you make would be permanent, and would be completely destructible by zombies(Over a long period of time)

All weapons would have damage adjusted, and zombie health would be adjusted as well. Also, adding a back stab for humans and head shot mechanic for instant kills on zombies with a blow to the head. Sneaking around and hiding would be essential to survive zombie hordes.

Im questioning whether to make this server grey list, white list, or public.

Feedback on this idea would be very much appreciated! Please give me any ideas you have, i would really appreciate them. I will move this to the objective servers soon, when production begins.

In Order to make this happen, i would need dedicated staff for:

Building
Moderating
Plugin work
Developing plugins
Advertisement
Artwork
Texture packs

If you are interested please contact me or respond to this post

Email:
KnyghtKFalcon@gmail.com

I have a set list of rules for joining the staff, this is to ensure the project will be successful:

You must be 14+, I will make very few exceptions.
You must have skype
A legitimate premium minecraft account
Examples of previous work depending on the job you are applying for.
A general knowledge of the book "World War Z" or "The Zombie Survival guide" Both by Max Brooks

Here are the applications to apply to join:

Name:
IGN:

What do you think you can bring to the project:
What are your previous experiences in helping with servers or projects:
What position are you applying for?:
Examples of previous work:
Quick!What is the name of the zombie virus?:

Current staff, and staff lists:

(Undecided)
You May not (IGN: ?)

Builders: (12 needed)
Knyghtfalcon

Moderators:

Plugin workers: (4 needed)

Advertisement: ( 2 needed)

Artwork/texturing: (2-6 needed)

Plugin development: (A few needed)

Some information on the zombies:

Health:
4 times the health of a normal zombie, but weak to shots to the head.

Speed:
.75 times slower than the normal minecraft zombies.

Damage:
3 times the normal strength of zombies. Not wearing armor can lead to being killed in a few hits, or in a matter of seconds in a mob of zombies.

Destruction:
Zombies will be able to destroy a variety of materials in certain amounts of time, keeping you on your toes and defending your stronghold with everything you have. You are never safe.

Mob mentality:
The zombies shall swarm. In their large unending numbers they shall devour you. it is not a matter of fighting, its a matter of outlasting and surviving.

Sunlight:
Zombies are immune to the normal sunlight burning of minecraft.
Knyghtfalcon
Level 28 : Expert Ninja