First Skin Feedback Tips to improve? :)

WordOut's Avatar WordOut7/28/14 8:49 pm
1 emeralds 821 6
7/29/2014 10:56 am
-Kali-'s Avatar -Kali-
Hi everyone!
Here is my first skin of Sam Flynn from Tron when they are in the Grid!
I am looking for some feedback and tips on how I can improve my shading and skin making!
Open to anything!
I know it's bad but the next one's will be better!
http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/tro ... uit-ver-1/
Thanks!
WordOut
WordOut
Level 19 : Journeyman Ninja

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/29/2014 10:56 am
Level 23 : Expert Network
-Kali-
07/28/2014 10:18 pm
Level 26 : Expert Nerd
Amsarian
WordOut
Thanks for the feedback!! I will learn from it and use it in my next one! Didn't think of using paint.net for it but i am using mcskin 3d! expect better one's to come

No problem, I hope I helped you improve your skins. Remember that you're always going to be better than the last skin you made, so keep practicing!
07/28/2014 10:10 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Engineer
gs gaming
Take off some of the blue lines. It looks good.
07/28/2014 10:14 pm
WordOut
okay good idea!
07/28/2014 9:44 pm
WordOut
AmsarianIt's good if it as to be used as a base for shading, but what you have is a flat coloured skin, and the colours seem too close to their primary types (As in R 225 G 0 B 0 and so on)

Also, it seems as if you didn't use any reference for the skin, as Sam's grid suit doesn't have so many lines and is in a light shade of blue, not quite neon but still luminescent. And most skins styles don't add the pupils, they simply have the iris and the white of the eye, with the irises both facing inwards (sort of like cross eyed)

But for a first attempt, it's good! Just look at how other people skin and try and adapt your style from inspiration. Don't take skinning techniques though, attempt you own.

There are also lots of shading tutorials on PMC that you can pick out. Try not to use shading templates though, they don't look very good.

I'd recommend downloading Paint.Net to shade your skins, it's an easy to use program. Also, if you aren't already using it, MC Skin 3D is a good program for skinning and looking at your work.

I hope this helps, and good luck with your skins!

Thanks for the feedback!! I will learn from it and use it in my next one! Didn't think of using paint.net for it but i am using mcskin 3d! expect better one's to come
07/28/2014 9:41 pm
Level 26 : Expert Nerd
Amsarian
It's good if it as to be used as a base for shading, but what you have is a flat coloured skin, and the colours seem too close to their primary types (As in R 225 G 0 B 0 and so on)

Also, it seems as if you didn't use any reference for the skin, as Sam's grid suit doesn't have so many lines and is in a light shade of blue, not quite neon but still luminescent. And most skins styles don't add the pupils, they simply have the iris and the white of the eye, with the irises both facing inwards (sort of like cross eyed)

But for a first attempt, it's good! Just look at how other people skin and try and adapt your style from inspiration. Don't take skinning techniques though, attempt you own.

There are also lots of shading tutorials on PMC that you can pick out. Try not to use shading templates though, they don't look very good.

I'd recommend downloading Paint.Net to shade your skins, it's an easy to use program. Also, if you aren't already using it, MC Skin 3D is a good program for skinning and looking at your work.

I hope this helps, and good luck with your skins! Also if I haven't mentioned before, use references in your skins.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome