Overrated Overused and just plain stupid skins

epicpie56's Avatar epicpie563/27/16 7:05 pm
1 emeralds 5.4k 119
4/11/2016 11:55 am
Punkamoar's Avatar Punkamoar
I give up on skin browsing all I find is names like : Awesome gamer kid and it's a boy with hair covering one eye with some stupid jacket with a creeper on it with headphones, and no mouth I'm sorry but it's stupid.

Don't get me started on the female skins, WELL I WILL ANYWAYS

I see Casual girl: A girl wearing a bra and an opened jacket That's not casual.

FNAF skins: That games old and there's more fan stuff than particles in space.

There are the good and funny skins but they're all pretty stupid nowdays.

I'll just have to stick with steve. Wait I just found a cool skin HOLY COW and it's not stupid.

Pls reply your comment on this post.
epicpie56
Level 9 : Apprentice Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/11/2016 11:55 am
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
In the future, stop posting "inb4 lock" pictures, or anything of the like. Because a thread is going down the drain, doesn't mean the rules regarding off-topic posting are lifted.

/lock
04/11/2016 5:18 am
Level 42 : Master System
idaidaida
hi i'm just here to make a post before the lock because i want to be remembered for that
04/11/2016 2:15 am
Level 49 : Master Toast
yeol
Josephpica
Latiodile
I don't think he's read any of the replies to this thread...

^^^^ A moderator should lock this, it is only creating arguments.

lol ryt
04/11/2016 1:27 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Architect
BkajnlConcepts
Where do we come up with these images anyway?
04/11/2016 1:21 am
BkajnlConcepts
04/11/2016 1:18 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Dragon
jaybirdies
are these pics needed now
04/11/2016 1:12 am
BkajnlConcepts
04/10/2016 11:58 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Dragonborn
BestAnarchy
Default skins do me just fine
04/10/2016 1:24 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile

I don't think he's read any of the replies to this thread...
04/10/2016 11:53 pm
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
JozyP
-snip-
04/11/2016 12:34 am
Level 28 : Expert Button Pusher
yoda473
In before the /lock
04/10/2016 10:47 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Pokemon
REALDogeMaster
True. But some stupid skins (like the only one I have made so far) are at least suitable.

Also, if anyone could, please review my skin
http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/der ... ds-worker/
And rate it on a scale of 0 - 10 please.
I just made one 20 minutes ago, found this thread, I wanted to advertise it, so here is the perfect time.
04/11/2016 5:13 am
Level 27 : Expert Network
Pines
LMAO

that's the worst attempt at advertising

its funny how you tried
04/11/2016 9:17 am
Level 44 : Master Sweetheart
Calendar Man
So true. Hehehe.
04/10/2016 9:11 am
Level 40 : Master Electrician
-WaffleKing-
You haven't posted any skins (or anything) on your profile. You seem to lack a sense of perspective and reasoning. What's stupid to you may be a brilliant work of art to someone else. This is the equivalent of somebody complaining why there's so many FPS games in the gaming industry - because it's popular amongst players? In the same way that there are a lot of teen skins because there are a lot of players who want them.
04/10/2016 11:16 am
JozyP
^^^
04/10/2016 10:02 am
Level 39 : Artisan Musician
Zyress
I think the thing is, not everyone wants the overrated skins. But when someone tries to find a different kind of skin, it's buried under the majority and poorly made skins. The only solutions people say is to make your own or find someone who takes requests -- Not everyone knows how to make skins nor have the time for it. Most people who are good at skinning don't take requests. So then what are they left with? Hours of searching for a skin. It's understandable to complain about it, but, unfortunately, complaining doesn't solve the problem either.
04/10/2016 8:26 am
JozyP
Josephpica
KnightThis site would be dead if we only talked about Minecraft.

You're correct.

I just don't like that it's on a Minecraft fan site. I bet people on anime fan sites don't talk about Minecraft. Minecraft just allows people to have big imagination I guess. Quite often too big, I think.
04/10/2016 8:24 am
JozyP
KnightThis site would be dead if we only talked about Minecraft.

You're correct.
04/09/2016 8:41 am
Dynit
Guys, two words: Ignore Thread.

Simple...
04/09/2016 9:02 pm
yoda473
If people want to post on this thread, that's their decision.

Simple...
04/08/2016 6:00 pm
idaidaida
if every girl would be wearing the same style of clothing all the popular skins have, i would basically drown everyone on this planet in my spit each time i'd go outside because i'd drool so much

i guess

This has like no relation to this serious discussion, but whatever.
04/08/2016 5:35 pm
Level 45 : Master Theorist
Averli
woutervleeuwen
Aesericathere are some folks that make really cool shaded teen skins with actual modern clothes (they're mostly girl skins, but hey, the people that make them are most commonly girls and love fashion so whadda ya expect?).

can i take a stand against that

i'm a guy and i have clothing from 2012 that i still wear

True, true. Most of my clothes aren't all this modern stuff tbh x) But the modern clothes are pretteh on girl skins c:
04/08/2016 5:34 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Artist
Dr_Bosch
I just decided to go to the recently updated skin page, for a quick look. Out of the 25, there were thirteen, just over half, skins I would classify as falling into the 'teen' category (pale colours, big eyes, generic hair, etc). Out of these, I would consider about six to be of low quality, though that is an opinion.

Perhaps most people just dislike the teen skins because of the bulk they appear in? They also seem to be made in large amounts, mass produced, one could even say, by some of the artists.

Could this argument between you lot simply be stopped by having some way to filter out the skins when going through them? I do not know how active the devs of this website are, but I doubt it would be that hard to add another 'teen skin' category, and a filter to leave it out.
04/08/2016 5:02 pm
idaidaida
Aesericathere are some folks that make really cool shaded teen skins with actual modern clothes (they're mostly girl skins, but hey, the people that make them are most commonly girls and love fashion so whadda ya expect?).

can i take a stand against that

i'm a guy and i have clothing from 2012 that i still wear
04/08/2016 3:25 am
Level 45 : Master Theorist
Averli
Magicman88999You know why there are so many teen skins? Because it's easy.

cuz the people that make them are teens :^)

Most teen skins are really horrible, but there are some folks that make really cool shaded teen skins with actual modern clothes (they're mostly girl skins, but hey, the people that make them are most commonly girls and love fashion so whadda ya expect?).
04/07/2016 9:40 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Dragon
jaybirdies
as much as the epidemic of teen skins have been around for a good, long time, its not going to go anywhere. its just a matter of people realizing and finally going through their seven stages of grief about the skins
04/07/2016 9:56 pm
Calendar Man
Dear god, I hope so. I'm tired of cocky 8-year olds picking on everyone's skins while they use teen skin #34.
04/07/2016 10:10 pm
Level 20 : Expert Hunter
Monotone
I don't see why people hate so much on "teen skins" when a lot of them are reflections of modern fashion. Is everyone just trying to be a hipster or something? Do you have something against society?
04/08/2016 2:57 pm
Calendar Man
When I said that, I was talking about how most 'teen skin' users pick on everyone's skin, and how it annoys me to death. Also, I'm pretty sure having rainbow hair, purple blush, and wearing headphones 24/7 isn't modern fashion.
04/08/2016 5:58 pm
Monotone
I never said every single teen skin was a 100% accurate representation of today's fashion. Some people DO dress like that though. Some of those skins ARE accurate representations of outfits and hairstyles that people actually wear. And I myself use teen skins once in a while, and I certainly don't stoop so low as to judge someone else for their skin. If you have to pick an argument over someone's in game appearance, you're probably a little kid with nothing better to do.
04/08/2016 3:19 am
yoda473
Yeah, when something's mainstream, that usually means it's actually good.
Also, if suggestive clothing under open jackets, headphones over hoods (?!), and wildly coloured hair is modern fashion, then I'm done with this world.
yeah that is in fact modern fashion, that's what scares me
04/08/2016 3:25 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon
brostermedia
does anyone know the IP and password for a different world?
04/08/2016 2:46 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon
brostermedia
i don't see how that is modern fashion, i never see anyone in those sorts of clothes and i hardly see anyone even use headphones, and if they wear hoodies they are most of the time closed.
04/08/2016 1:11 am
Level 48 : Master Dragonborn
Urrnge
Dude what? How'd you get to that conclusion? Nah man, people don't like them because they say a lot of them look way too similar to one another and get massively popular as opposed to... I dunno, anything else. I get where they're coming from though, sometimes they do just look like color swaps. It's fine to not like them, it just might not be their style or whatever, just don't go overboard with it.
04/08/2016 5:53 pm
Monotone
It was partially a joke, but whatever. And yes I understand that most everyone adds the same features to their skins e.g. the same hairstyle, tights, dress, skirt, whatever.
04/07/2016 9:16 pm
Level 29 : Expert Ranger
Soybeam
Just go for some robots ... good robots though. Better not be enderman robots
04/07/2016 8:49 pm
yoda473
Latiodile
yoda473While skins can be made by anyone with a device manufactured after the year 2000

Older. I'm sure you can have a native windows 3.1 computer make a 64x64 png... it would be tedious to transfer

I'm sure even MS-DOS can do it, if it can handle image editing, it can handle making a 64x64 png, or even a jpg and convert it to png

Yeah good point, I was just saying that for effect.
04/07/2016 8:43 pm
Level 44 : Master Architect
Lachie1770
So in short your complaining about a over used skin type but are pathetic enough to talk with numbers like "r4ge is r3al", Why would anyone take you seriously? Anyway why does it really matter? No-one forces you to have a skin so just stick to the default skin.
04/07/2016 8:40 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
PaprKut
I don't wear them, mostly because i forgot my email password
04/07/2016 8:34 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
yoda473While skins can be made by anyone with a device manufactured after the year 2000

Older. I'm sure you can have a native windows 3.1 computer make a 64x64 png... it would be tedious to transfer

I'm sure even MS-DOS can do it, if it can handle image editing, it can handle making a 64x64 png, or even a jpg and convert it to png

Also... WHY IS THIS THREAD STILL UP? I honestly expected it to be locked a few repliee after it was posted
04/07/2016 8:12 pm
Level 21 : Expert Robot
Sphere
and teen skins are STILL annoying, so that is why the r4ge is r3al
04/07/2016 8:37 pm
Monotone
You know what else is annoying?

p30pl3 wh0 t4lk l1k3 th1s.
04/07/2016 9:04 pm
Calendar Man
1 kn0w, r1gh7.
04/07/2016 8:09 pm
Level 21 : Expert Robot
Sphere
People Are making these "teen skins" which some just are overrated and plain unoriginal. PEOPLE, HAVE CREATIVITY FOR ONCE! It IS ok once in a while, but a ton of them is too much! and make them not crappy either! [skin 2:] block / item skins. people make "block" skins that resemble items or blocks in minecraft. they are unoriginal, overused, stupid, and overrated. some get like 100 diamonds! why?! a block is NOT impressive at all! its just STUPID! there are others, but im too lazy to cover them all, since there are so many. but those are the most overrated, overused, and plain STUPID skins in minecraft.
04/07/2016 8:29 pm
Calendar Man
Block skins are popular because of custom skull plugins.
04/07/2016 7:44 pm
yoda473
AdyxiaIt's the same with Servers and Mods.

There are a lot less mods out there, though. While skins can be made by anyone with a device manufactured after the year 2000, and servers can be made by anyone with a laptop and an internet connection, mods require decent programming knowledge and a fair bit of spare time.

HippyKat
WitherBane19OMG! thank you for making this post! I feel like "girl" and "cool" skins are taking over PMC! there are some good girl skins and new concepts (I see them rarely (usually 1 per few months)) and the teen boy skins are just disgusting to see. but srsly good post, we need to raise a teen skin awareness thing or idk.

Dude.... are you serious?

^ This.
This whole teen skin hating thing has been going on for years, even before I joined PMC. The war ended ages ago, so why are we still talking about it?
04/07/2016 12:54 am
Level 22 : Expert Cowboy
fartcrafter
Complaining won't help
04/07/2016 12:31 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Pokemon
December
You should start making skins <3

If you can't find a skin, make one
04/07/2016 12:32 am
Dynit