[HELP] Skinning (Programs ect;)

dotr_'s Avatar dotr_6/21/17 6:04 am
1 emeralds 294 3
6/21/2017 10:31 am
Sunstroke's Avatar Sunstroke
Hello.
I am wanting to make skins, I am currently using Skindex.. not a very good place to start making skins I know.
That's why I am asking for your help, can you please reply below what program you're using? Whether it is Adobe Photoshop, Gimp ect;.

Please help!

And give me some starter tips.
Thanks
dotr_
Level 4 : Apprentice Skinner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/21/2017 10:31 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Vampire
Sunstroke
I also use MCSkin3D. Here is the link.

I also use Gimp which is also free.

As for tips, I would study how other people shade and incorporate it into your skins. Find a skin you like and use the shading as a reference (DON'T STEAL THOUGH)
06/21/2017 10:21 am
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
sixfootblueI usually use MCskin3d (You can download it on PMC. Just search for it.) It's super useful, and has a lot of models that you can directly paint onto, including most mobs. You could also use it as a skin viewer while you paint your skin in an external image editor (Photoshop/GIMP/Paint.net).

+1 for MCSkin3D.
06/21/2017 10:17 am
Level 71 : Legendary Alien
sixfootblue
I usually use MCskin3d (You can download it on PMC. Just search for it.) It's super useful, and has a lot of models that you can directly paint onto, including most mobs. You could also use it as a skin viewer while you paint your skin in an external image editor (Photoshop/GIMP/Paint.net).

I'm not sure what to give in the way of starter tips, but for me it did help to watch people's work process either in tutorials or timelapse videos of their skinning on youtube. It also helps to read up on some pixel art tutorials if you just want to improve on things like colour selection or shading.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome