Why am I not noticed? I make good skins...

AutumnBurn's Avatar AutumnBurn9/27/13 1:47 am
9/27/2013 7:55 pm
Mgreat's Avatar Mgreat
In my opinion, I love my skins that I put up here on Planet Minecraft and No one seems to notice my skins. :/ Is this normal to happen? I put at least six hours into each skin. (Exept the first four) and some people tend to like them, They get around 60 views, even though I've seen some uncool skins reaching 200 views. Am I doing something wrong? What? Please reply! :b Thanks!
AutumnBurn
Level 47 : Master Princess

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/27/2013 7:55 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Taco
Mgreat
I can appreciate that we all want to be recognized, but with all the skins out there, it just takes a while. For one, I would say, always assume you can improve your skins, because there is probably still someone out there making ones that are better than yours. Two, it takes a while to get recognition and subs, just be patient. Three, get involved in the community, chat and help people in the forums and chat lounge. People support their friends. Also, advertise your skins in the chat lounge.

Good luck!
09/27/2013 4:44 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Meme
Beta_Alpha
Just keep trying and developing a style. Maybe search up some shading tutorials to get going and stuff.
09/27/2013 4:41 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
AnteJao
Well, it don't always depend on if they are good, except for if they have been drawn in 10 minutes with no shading. It depends more on their style, and what people in the community seeing them in searches.

As AdmetusTheGreat_ and halorules555 said, there are hundreds of thousands of skins here on PMC, so you have to make soemthing else to make people find your account, like a mod or a good resource pack.
09/27/2013 4:20 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Archer
Chips
MudKlpzIn my opinion, I love my skins that I put up here on Planet Minecraft and No one seems to notice my skins. :/ Is this normal to happen? I put at least six hours into each skin. (Exept the first four) and some people tend to like them, They get around 60 views, even though I've seen some uncool skins reaching 200 views. Am I doing something wrong? What? Please reply! :b Thanks!

You're doing fine, we all can say that we started from the bottom. NOBODY anywhere has started from the very top when they begun. One thing I can say is your skins don't "stand out." Your skins blend in with others from the looks of them. Take creativity to a whole new level. For example, you make a lot of knight skins. Why not make a crazy or unique type of knight? Like a candy knight, a day knight, or anything that you can think of!

We all have to push ourselfs up a little high, then it starts to just start to roll on its own. So good luck, and see ya on the pop-reel!
09/27/2013 6:31 am
Level 26 : Expert Ninja
poplawler
Simple really you skins are good, but if you want them to be popular you need to make something out of the ordinary.

Consider making skins that people search for often such as builder, adventurer, warrior, king.
09/27/2013 6:24 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Skinner
EnderGurl
Your skins are very good!! And, you do have a good number of subscribers and faves, your actually not doing too bad. But, have you considered taking requests? Sad to say winning people over is really a big part in starting out on any art site I've ever been on. Also, on any site, it's give and take. Comment, fave, subscribe and talk to other people and you'll be noticed.

It's not that your a bad artist, on all sites there is the dreaded newest section. Amongst all that spammy crap that's in there, people don't want to have to sift through whats new, they want to go to the popular page. The only way to get there otherwise is being friendly and getting to know people.

(I stand from the view of a blogger and artist) good luck! ^_^
09/27/2013 4:43 am
Level 30 : Artisan Archer
gusgus
I agree with IamPetz..
If you want to get noticed, you need to be very active on chat and semi-frequently advertising on it..

Also, to anyone out there who wants to be noticed, you need to develop your own personal shading style. I've had like 15 different shading styles, but now I'm starting to settle down on simple skins with around 3 shades..

P.S. You're a good skinner
09/27/2013 4:32 am
Level 76 : Legendary Button Pusher
DragonsDungeon
sorry see i didnt get recognized a lot and i put effort into my skins (check me out if ya want to) and fame is not something you can just get, you have to earn it
09/27/2013 4:18 am
Level 81 : Elite Artist
StormCoreFilms
They actually look pretty darn awesome! I think that it may be hard for people to find them due to the vast sea of skins that are frequently uploaded on this site. It's a shame, really, because what you've done is really good!
09/27/2013 3:41 am
Level 43 : Master Bunny
IamPetz
Your skins are actually not bad, and technically you are noticed.. considering you've got some subscribers. (Every sub is someone who notices you, so don't look down on them even if you think it's not many).

My best recommendation is to go hang out on chat once in a while, and advertise your skins a bit. It takes time for most of us to get noticed (unless you're brilliant like maddie and get 300 subs in a month ;D), so don't get discouraged.
09/27/2013 3:16 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Bozander654
I make good skins too but I haven't gotten a single view in 30 minutes.
09/27/2013 3:56 am
Level 40 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
Phush
1. Your title doesn't stand out and isn't relevant
2. The textures are pretty basic
3. You have only posted 1 skin
4. Don't expect too many views in 30 minutes with these ^
09/27/2013 2:27 am
Level 26 : Expert Zombie
Halorules555
It may be because people are looking for good skins. Also a lot of people like me prefer to make our own and like Admetus said, there are over 600,000 skins.
09/27/2013 3:19 am
Level 40 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
Phush
Like me
09/27/2013 3:35 am
Level 88 : Elite Modder
Fureniku
You want a link to all 600,000 skins? o.O
09/27/2013 4:01 am
Level 43 : Master Bunny
IamPetz
How did you infer that from "Like me".. xD
09/27/2013 2:05 am
Level 44 : Master Sweetheart
Maddie
09/27/2013 1:59 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer
AdmetusTheGreat_
Considering that there is 1,228,486 total members on PMC and 100's of 1000's of skins....

Good Luck Getting Famous!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome