How to recruit builders without leaving server vulnerable?

GreenMist10's Avatar GreenMist104/25/19 9:05 am
2 emeralds 184 7
4/26/2019 5:13 am
Stubbs1's Avatar Stubbs1
I'd like to recruit builders for a survival world, but I don't see a way to do that without risking someone abusing their access to creativemode.

What are some ways to safely go about doing this?

-Thanks

Lobby Area that could use some improvements.
GreenMist10
Level 15 : Journeyman Prince

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/26/2019 5:13 amhistory
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
You can create a new world and allow them to get creative in that world only. Then give them a task and see how well they do it. Or you could borrow someone else's server and send them there to build something there to prove that they can build. If you want that, then you can borrow my server :p

That way, your server is never at risk of being greifed or lagged out.
04/25/2019 11:21 pm
Level 72 : Legendary Pixel Painter
Nighthearted
You could have recruits complete a building test before working on your main world. Generally griefers aren't skilled builders and won't be able to pass. On top of weeding out griefers, you'll have an overall more skilled building team. Have them do a trial build in a separate world so they can't touch your main project.
04/25/2019 9:39 amhistory
Level 1 : New Miner
xxWillatronic
hi. i would love to join and put alot off effort so this is my application...

Put towards: i can put towards alot of time and effort towards the servers and all around a better place
Mature: out of 10 i would say 8.9 because i like to have fun with other staff members but not to the extent off making them to rage quit, quit or grief :D
04/25/2019 10:29 am
GreenMist10
Thank you for your interest.
Please note that I am not looking for staff, but for temporary builders for a particular project.

Staff: I hand select my staff from players who have spent a great deal of time on my server, who don't break rules, and who interact well with other players.
I am currently more in need of more dedicated, responsible players than I am in need of staff.

Builders: I am holding an event this Fri-Sun in which players with 28+ hours may use creative mode to help with the building project.

If you are still interested, please find my server via my PMC profile, join, make yourself known, and put in those hours.

I will keep an eye out for your login.

Thanks
04/25/2019 9:23 am
Level 70 : Legendary Dinosaur
DinowCookie
I'd ask members who have been playing and building on your server in survival for a while. People who you know enjoy their survival gameplay and respect your server. 😊 Safer and easier to keep an eye on than attracting external builders who you don't know.
04/25/2019 9:29 am
GreenMist10
I may have to go that route, but my player base is still pretty small.
Perhaps I should schedule a special build day or a weekend.
Thanks
04/25/2019 9:32 am
Level 70 : Legendary Dinosaur
DinowCookie
Yeah create a bit of an event around it 😊 it'll engage the members you have even further. + Self-built things are sometimes nicer to have, even if they might not look as epic as what a professional/high skilled builder could do.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome