PMC Awards!

Mayanaisee's Avatar Mayanaisee6/30/15 2:44 am
11/15/2015 9:29 am
Masq's Avatar Masq
Thanks again, everyone!

Old Updates
Time: Today at 6PM GMT

IP: s7.minespan.com:25814

The server will be open to the public at 5 PM GMT.
-Chron
UPDATE: PMC Awards has been postponed to October 3rd, because life happened.Times are also being discussed. We'll have an official time soon.

UPDATE: WE HAVE AN OFFICIAL DATE! YAY! The PMC Awards will be happening on September 26th. Save the date!

UPDATE: Someone had said in the replies that we should have a system where some people can advertise their page/server before the show, so that the audience would be entertained/ discover new people. If you are interested in this, PM me, and we'll try to get you a booth. Not accepting everyone, so don't push it.

New jobs have also been added.

So sorry about not responding to any of your threads, I was MIA for a week as Chron had said. But even if I don't reply, I've read each and every single one of your posts, and I've considered/added them to the list. Thanks, and I'll keep you posted with progress!

And as for those who are asking with the dates, as Chron had said, no exact date has been made due to time zones and stuff, but we're pretty sure that we will be having it in August.

If you have any nomination ideas/want me to reply to something you said, please PM me.

Thanks again!

Hello everyone!

I know TT has done this in a blog before, but I'm thinking of hosting an actual PMC awards night on a server where people come, sit in a stage, and awards are given live!

This is just a thought, and there are no promises that it is going to work. It depends on how many people are interested.

Putting this on is going to require a lot of work, but in the end, it'll be amazing if it all works out.

But how is this going to work?
Read the spoilers.

Nominations and Winners

Click to reveal
Nominations: Depending on the category, we will find the most popular/ liked/notable submissions that have been posted within 2014-15.

Winners: We will then put the submissions we found for that category into a poll in the forums so people can vote on which one they like best. And if you haven't figured out yet, the one with the most votes is the one who gets the award. You won't be notified if you are nominated, but if you happen to come across a poll with your submission on it, you cannot vote for yourself, and don't spoil it for the nominees who haven't seen it!

Where it'll be held

Click to reveal
On a server obviously, but where? Definitely not on a big server in creative, becuause people can fly away lol, and we won't be the only ones on there.

If anybody is interested in letting us use their server, that would be awesome!

Here are the requirements:
-The server needs to be able to hold a decent amount of people. That amount will be decided when we figure out how many people are interested.
-The server needs to have a flat, open space for the builders to work.
-The server needs to be complete. As in the plugins work, and everything is running smoothly.
-The server needs to have some building plugins such as world edit that the builders can use if needed.

Building the stage

Click to reveal
What's an awards night without a grand stage? That's why we're going to need some builders.

-You'll need to have some experience. I'm not talking like super legit awesome amazing building skills, but you need to be a decent builder. If you aren't sure if you're good enough, you can PM me a build you've done if you'd like.
-You'll need to specialize in buildings. I know there are some really good spaceship builders out there, but that isn't what we need.
-You'll need to be able to work with other people.
-You'll need to be better at building large structures rather than smaller ones.

I think we're going to have a minimum of 1 builder and a maximum of 5. I'll try to help out if I can, but I'm not a very good builder so...

If you're interested that would be awesome! Let me know.

Flashy lights and music?

Click to reveal
To make the experience even more amazing, I'm thinking we have some flashy lights and music, but that wouldn't be possible without redstone!

We're going to need some redstone people to do some 'effects'. When I say music, I mean maybe making a tune out of note blocks. And we could work something with the spotlights and such!

-Like I said in building, you don't have to be a super professional, but you're going to need some experience.

Well, if you're interested in the techy part of this, then let me know!

Staff

Click to reveal
Besides the building and redstone aspects of it, we're going to need staff!

The jobs are:
- Host (1 spot only)
- The people who announce the awards (2 per category)
- Poll creators (1 per category)
- Food people (those who can run the cafes before the show)
- Backstage crew (about 10 spots) (no skin required, but must be in black attire)
- Recorders (someone who can record this! )
- Advertisement

If you have any questions about the jobs/ another idea for a job, please PM me!

If you are interested in any of these, please PM me!

Skinning

Click to reveal
This aspect of it isn't mandatory, but isn't it fun to get into character?

You can make a skin of yourself/your persona in fancy clothes. I am not making a skin for you, but I may make a skin with files that you can use if you want to attend in a fancy dress or suit.

Please, do NOT take parts of a skin from another user and then just add your own features without their permission.

Also, if you are going to make a skin, please include the fact that it's for PMC Awards night somewhere in the description/title, and include a link to this thread. This is for promotional reasons, and it would really help get more people.

Categories

Click to reveal
Finally, here are the categories so far that we'll have awards for:

Skinning:
- Most creativity
- Best overall use of shading
- Best teen skin
- Best reference-based skin
- Best overall skin of the year

Building:
Best fantasy build
Best spawn
Most creativity
Best overall project of the year

Blogs:
- Best story
- Best interview
- Funniest blog
- Most creative
- Most detailed
- Best Art Blog
- Best Tutorial
- Best overall blog of the year

Not doing awards for banners/collections because that's just too much, if not already.

Events:
Best official contest of 2014-15
Best palette skin

Members:
Funniest member
Most Fanart
Sweetest Member
- Best ship of PMC
- 'Punniest' member

Well, that's just my idea for this whole thing. It's gonna be crazy but fun. If you're interested, reply below, and let me know what you want to be!

If you have ANY questions, comments, or suggestions, please reply or PM me!

As for when this is happening, I don't really know. I'll keep you posted with an official date soon.
Also, please let me know if you are interested in attending! You don't have to take part in putting the whole thing on, you can just attend the day of.

Current Staff:

Too many people to keep track of, and staff knows who they are. If you have any questions regarding the staff, PM me. You're also more than welcome to help, just let me know beforehand so I know you're helping. By the way, we need some poll creators, just PM me the nominees, and you're good to go!

Current Attendees:

Too many too keep track of, and I don't really need a list for this. If you want to attend, that would be great, but you are not obligated to. For those who are on the list, you've already been accounted for, so don't worry.

Welp, thank you for reading all this (if you did)!

-Maya
Mayanaisee
Level 48 : Master Spider Rider

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/15/2015 9:29 am
Level 39 : Artisan Dolphin
Masq
Blood, sweat, tears and a whole lot of typing went into the creation of the PMC Awards 2015 write-up

I apologise for the delay - I've been waiting on the live video to add to the blog, but evidently it hasn't been sent yet so I decided to just go ahead and make the write-up without it. I hope you enjoy.

Here's to 2016!
10/04/2015 5:18 am
Level 82 : Elite Technomancer
Drazile
So, what were the results for those who missed out?
10/04/2015 5:32 am
Masq
A blog should be out sometime today announcing the results, showcasing the winners and commentating the event.
10/03/2015 4:27 pm
Level 21 : Expert Dragonborn
Fanjawi
I missed it cause I wasn't sure if I was in or not..
10/03/2015 4:03 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Zombie
asixn
I missed it. I'm so annoyed at my family. I hate it. There was a hurricane and we had to take my mom out for her birthday dinner. Sorry to let everyone down, I don't think I will talk to my family as they said I complained the whole way there. Which was my family that complained, and when I wanted to thank them for buying me Paint Tool SAI. They said don't talk and be quiet.

Ima give them a 5 hour lecture now. This was such an important event and I missed it.

I am furious
10/03/2015 2:45 pm
Masq
Well, that was a whole lot of fun.
Thanks to everyone who came and made the event so enjoyable, and a huge thank you to Chron for pulling this all together - he really nailed it all. (And also a huge thanks to Maya, Pepi, Irish, Insanity and everyone else who helped out backstage and made this event such a success)

If anyone has any screenshots/selfies/videos/funny memories, please could you send them to me via PM and I will try to include them in the post-event write up blog.

Here's to next year's event!

PS: I think pixel trophies will be PMd to the winners, nominees and attendees soon. I hope.
10/03/2015 12:31 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Chron
Alright, whitelist is finally off. Come one, come all!
10/03/2015 10:40 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Network
ekio
I decided I'm wear Meggles "Vintage Roses" Skin, As My Skin I made is horrible.
I am very excited! 6:00 PM GMT Is Apparently 2:00 PM Here.. xD I'm So excited, I just cant stop smiling and happily waiting to see everyone get awards and such! Hopefully my Minecraft won't lag, as fireworks lag me a little bit.
10/03/2015 9:39 am
Chron
The OP has been updated the the finalized time and server IP.
10/03/2015 9:25 am
ekio
Ok, questions that I have :
What server if it's been chose? It's October 3rd TODAY. and I don't know where to go.
GMT time, I may be able to figure that out.
10/03/2015 7:33 am
Level 30 : Artisan Goblin
Adyxia
What IP/Server is it on? ;w;
10/02/2015 10:22 pm
Level 82 : Elite Technomancer
Drazile
Ah, 6pm GMT is 4am for me D:
10/03/2015 3:40 am
Level 55 : Grandmaster Ladybug
Noodle
Same
Let's hope its around nighttime for us D:
10/02/2015 6:27 pm
ekio
Ooo! I'm coming for SURE! Time to make a skin to wear.
10/01/2015 9:48 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Cake
Shellly
Totally coming! Working on that dress now!
10/01/2015 4:01 pm
Chron
Bump. If you'd be willing to record the ceremony, send me a message.
10/01/2015 6:28 pm
Mayanaisee
Chron, just PM those who have offered and see if they're still up for it.
09/29/2015 1:19 am
Level 1 : New Miner
DBZMCFan2
One more thing, what time would i need to show up in AEST time?
(Cairns)
09/28/2015 4:45 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Magical Girl
BIO
Whale looks like I won't be there I will probably still release some suits and such for people to use <3
09/28/2015 3:25 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Sus
amalien
Okay, wow yes I am definitely attending, I somehow only just found out about this now so I'm so glad it got postponed.
Now the skin...
Oh god...
I have to make a dress...
09/28/2015 2:00 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
GeniusExplorer
I can record
09/28/2015 1:58 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Strawberry
aarianna_
I'll try to attend this I must look beautiful for it~ 0u0
09/28/2015 12:49 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Prince
Prince Oceanus
You guys need a server still? I have a private one where you guys won't have to worry about others coming on and griefing everything. There's even a creative world where you guys can build on and stuff, and we have a T.A.R.D.I.S. system set up (credit to Hobbes_TigerClaw for putting that together with Command blocks) where we can hook up a teleport over there. It's a little bit whitelisted, though, so anyone who's attending needs to give their IGN.
09/28/2015 1:07 pm
Chron
We've got one already (everything's been built), but thanks for the offer.

I'll look over the staff list today and see if there are any positions that we do need.
09/28/2015 3:37 am
Level 55 : Grandmaster Ladybug
Noodle
I would love to help on building prospects and as a cafe staff
o3o
In my creative server Im a veteran builder and I own a cafe full of minecraft food head goodies.
However I am in Aus time zone and IDK what time zone you plan to be in :c
Contact me soon
09/27/2015 11:48 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Toast
Azuliaa
Oh my gosh....I can't help out with anything because I still suck at building, and since I can't be online on MC at certain times I might not make it in general ;-;
I'll try my best to come...can't say for sure though.
But I will definitely make my oc a skin for if I can come!
In anyway, I'd love to help.
09/27/2015 11:19 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Dragon
Malaionus
I'll come
09/27/2015 10:23 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Cake
Shellly
I'm definately coming!

Going to make my skin for it though...
09/27/2015 9:14 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
Cxpcake
I'd like to come (attending) but if you need me to, I can always take a job.
09/27/2015 8:38 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
Crap dang it guys, if it were the 26th, I could've come.
09/27/2015 8:32 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Warrior
Tek_kit
Quick question. I would like to be there but I don't think I can with school and all. Will this be recorded or livestreamed so people can watch it on a later date or something?
09/27/2015 10:42 pm
Mayanaisee
We should also be having a blog made afterwards for those who missed it.
09/27/2015 8:34 pm
Chron
Yes, I believe we'll have some individuals recording the event. At least, I think we do.
09/27/2015 8:39 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Warrior
Tek_kit
Thanks. I look forward to watching.
09/27/2015 6:08 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Ickyskymaze
I'll try to come if I can! Sounds fun!
09/27/2015 3:19 pm
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart
Jupiiterr
I'll try to come. But my school homecoming is that day but I'll try to attend
09/27/2015 12:33 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Nerd
EmeraldEmmy
Definitely attending if I can make it!
09/27/2015 11:43 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Princess
Katzune
I'll attend c:
09/27/2015 8:10 am
Level 40 : Master Geek
popchkn
I'll attend
09/27/2015 6:27 am
DBZMCFan2
I would be happy to attend or be a staff member, if you can, i would MAJORLY appreciate it
09/27/2015 1:42 pm
Mayanaisee
Sorry, we've already got a staff crew and everything. thanks for the offer though!
09/28/2015 5:47 am
DBZMCFan2
Am i still able to attend :S
09/28/2015 7:46 pm
Mayanaisee
Yup, it's open to anyone who wants to come.
09/27/2015 1:38 pm
Mayanaisee
Sorry, we've already got a staff crew and everything. thanks for the offer though!
09/27/2015 1:14 am
QueenBeach
I love the idea! I'll attend, but what's the server ip for it?
09/27/2015 12:43 am
Level 23 : Expert Crab
Morneite
!! i must attend
if you need, i could be part of the backstage crew
but only if it's urgent
i don't wanna seem like a bother >-<
09/26/2015 11:04 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Crafter
PotatoBeenCrafted
I'm in for a spin.
09/26/2015 9:28 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Strawberry
Orreh
Totally gonna be there.
09/26/2015 8:39 pm
Level 21 : Expert Dragonborn
Fanjawi
Can I be payed... just to like.. be there? ..like Kim Kardashian? Haha, jokes aside, I love the idea. I would apply for the behind the scenes team if there are spots left. If not I will surely attend anyways.

am i the only one who finds it annoying at how its a 2015 award thing and its hosted in october and not like december or january
09/26/2015 6:41 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Prince
jishwa
I'll attend

can I help with the building stuff?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome