Add a few things in the forum for new users.

likalaruku's Avatar likalaruku8/28/11 7:16 pm
1 emeralds 192 4
8/30/2011 3:29 am
likalaruku's Avatar likalaruku
If there's two things that are sad, it's arrogant attitude seasoned users have toward noobs & noobs wondering why no one will download their content. We can't really force everyone to be pleasant or constructive in their criticisms, so I say help the noobs shed their training wheels as quickly as possible.

Maybe a tutorial for new texture makers in the Skins/Textures/Mods forum on how to present your pack in a way that actually makes people want to download, sticky'd so they're always on the top. You know like:
*Make sure you add screencaps of how your texture pack effects both the landscape & buildings, & mods if you made skins.
You have a lot of competition; a lone screencap of all the blocks lumped together doesn't really help demonstrate how the pack looks fleshed out.
*A dark pic is as good as no pic. Don't take screencaps in the dark or at night, & if they're dark, brighten the image files.
*"The Dos & Don'ts of texture making & why you can't get yours to work."
*Up-to-date in-depth tutorials on mod making.

It's best for both parties; the potential downloaders won't nag about adding screencaps or have to install just to find out what it even looks like, & the modders will get far more downloads. There will also be a lot less "how do I do this?" posts.
likalaruku
Level 34 : Artisan Botanist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/30/2011 3:29 am
Level 34 : Artisan Botanist
likalaruku
Excision*Make sure you add screencaps of how your texture pack effects both the landscape & buildings, & mods if you made skins.

-They can do that themselves, they can think >.>

>>>>You'd be surprised how many people haven't figured that out.
1: "Why no one download my pack?"
2: "Cuz you have no pics."
1: "Just install & see for yourself."
2: "Too much effort for something I don't know if I want."
3: "It's your job to make your product desirable. We don't like guessing games."

*A dark pic is as good as no pic. Don't take screencaps in the dark or at night, & if they're dark, brighten the image files.

-Why not? Some are better at night time. Again, it's their Project/Texture pack , they can figure it.

>>>>they at least need to be photoshoped to where you can actually SEE what is going on in the image.

- Google + Youtube or Tutorial section

>>>>Impatient people (most people) are too lazy for that. Just a bullet style list of do & don't, straight & to-the-point. I've also seen the tutorial videos when I was a noob; they always leave out something or ramble about non tutorial things.

-Google + Youtube or tutorial section, they can check dates themselves.

>>>>But they won't. that's the point.
08/29/2011 9:21 am
Level 26 : Expert Miner
Excision
*Make sure you add screencaps of how your texture pack effects both the landscape & buildings, & mods if you made skins.

-They can do that themselves, they can think >.>

-Why not? Some are better at night time. Again, it's their Project/Texture pack , they can figure it.

- Google + Youtube or Tutorial section

-Google + Youtube or tutorial section, they can check dates themselves.
08/28/2011 7:25 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Elf
TheRealMozzie0610
yah don't say LOOK AT MY MOD AND DOWNLOAD ORMY PET T REX WILL PEE ON YOU!
08/29/2011 9:23 am
Level 24 : Expert Explorer
Pownage
Lol I saw that comment xD
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome