Advice On Gaming PC

telamonianajax's Avatar telamonianajax3/8/14 1:34 pm
3/9/2014 9:32 pm
Randomness3333's Avatar Randomness3333
Clarification: (since alot of people don't understand what I meant) I need a gaming pc. I have about 700-800 dollars by the end of this year, and I have no idea how to build a pc, plus I'm not even that good with technology. What is the best pre-built for my money, that has a medium to high level graphics card.

Anyone know what would be the best PC for me?
I am hoping to get a PC that can run Star Citizen, but that might be out of my league, so something that can run ARMA 3 would be okay.
I really only need a mid-tier PC. Something that can run the majority of games for the next 3-4 years. I have a PS4 for anything new.

Thanks for your suggestions!

PS: I botched upgrading RAM in a laptop once, so another reason I shouldn't build my own.
telamonianajax
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/09/2014 7:28 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
Plus, once you finish you're own computer build, you'll tend to want to take better card of it, make it look prettier, etc.
03/09/2014 7:16 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Toast
GG50
How about this? It's not currently cheap, but I can assure you, it's worth every penny:
03/09/2014 7:12 pm
telamonianajax
I don't understand why everyone is suggesting I build my own, I just want to know which pre-built is best.
I don't have anything against people who build their own pc's, but I have a snowballs chance in a cat scanner (anyone remember that?) of building my own pc correctly.
03/09/2014 9:32 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Randomness3333
Because putting the 8 or so parts in a computer together is literally as easy as putting together legos. And even if you don't don't want to build it you can find a local computer shop that would for around 50$ or less. You will save hundreds and get something much more suited to your needs.
03/09/2014 7:21 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Sindro
We're trying to save you money here. Building a PC isn't rocket science, and there's plenty of step-by-step tutorials on YouTube about doing it.
03/09/2014 6:40 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Mage
ttyl89
haha "that can run star citizen" people are saying that a gtx 770 is enough to run medium on star citizen while flying i have a gtx 760 il be able to run low probably but your price isn't very good to play star citizen
03/09/2014 6:36 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Scribe
Yaminia
Not to commandeer a thread but just because a PC is prebuilt it doesn't mean it's bad.

I've heard good things from my friend who has a Chillblast. (They're bought in Pounds so you'll probably need a bit more sadly. They conversion is .5 x US dollars I think atm.)

Whatever is recommended here might be what I'm looking for too.
03/09/2014 6:41 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Network
Kaev
No one said they were. I've had a couple pre-builts in the past, my current one is what I've built, and definitely don't regret it. It's just pre-builts tend to be more expensive than building your own, so you're basically wasting money on overpriced parts. I learnt my lesson after about 2 pre-builds, but it really is easy with a video, like Randomness linked.
03/09/2014 6:29 pm
telamonianajax
Why is everybody suggesting builds? I have no confidence whatsoever I could do that... and I really only need a mid-tier PC. Something that can run the majority of games for the next 3-4 years. I have a PS4 for anything new.
03/09/2014 2:01 pm
Randomness3333
TempestCraftpcpartpicker.com/p/36PIa

That is the best that I can make it with your price range. I did have that graphics card before and I could run most games smoothly with max graphics.

Horrible build. Graphics card is not even worth the money. 16 gbs of RAM is completely unnecessary. Hard drive is too slow. And you don't even have a cpu cooler for overclocking.
telamonianajaxbump

Come back when you have saved up ~800 dollars. You will be able to build a great gaming computer with that much.
03/09/2014 12:18 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Creeper
nabeelfarooqui98
For the love of Steve, dont buy a prebuilt PC. In that range you'll just lose the Frames.

Here is a great $600 build http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id- ... build.html
03/09/2014 12:05 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
TempestCraft
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/36PIa

That is the best that I can make it with your price range. I did have that graphics card before and I could run most games smoothly with max graphics.
03/09/2014 11:40 am
telamonianajax
bump
03/08/2014 1:47 pm
Level 40 : Master Pirate
piratescott
See the problem with good gaming pc's is that premade ones are usually overpriced, and I can't really recommend building one to someone who is probably alien to it.

From the sounds of it, Star citizen is going to be pretty heavy even for decent computers (https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.c ... quirements). So, from my experience you'll probably need to save up for a year just to get one that can run it, but at the same time the hardware gets cheaper over time too. All I can say is, you're looking on way over 6-7 months at LEAST, so having one recommended now is sort of pointless.

Even one at mid settings would still take around that time, sorry for sounding like an ass, it's not intended, just being realistic.
03/08/2014 1:43 pm
Randomness3333
Don't get a pre-build. Its cheaper to build one and it is very easy to do so. A pre-built that can easily do what want would be around 1300$. You can build a better computer for 1000$
This Newegg guide is a bit long but it explains the process of building a computer very well.
Click to reveal
[yt]d_56kyib-Ls[/yt]

Since you don't have a lot of money your best bet would to build a cheap rig in a few months and upgrade later.
03/08/2014 1:39 pm
telamonianajax
No no, i mean, within a year, i can make like 500-600 bucks, what is best? and yes, pre-built.
03/08/2014 1:36 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
You won't find a "gaming PC" for $125. Period.

Are you looking at buying pre-built or building it yourself? Also, does it matter if it's a desktop/laptop to you? Desktops are more powerful and often cost less than laptops that have the same performance.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome