Are some of the chat rules too strict?

Sitehound's Avatar Sitehound12/28/17 12:29 am
1 emeralds 276 6
12/28/2017 10:21 am
Karrfis's Avatar Karrfis
Funny story well earlier today I was in chat chilling as per usual when I hit my j key by accident, then everyone started hitting theirs too and putting it in chat, I did it again and it told me to stop spamming, but I had to press it for the 3rd time just out of curiosity. AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW? A 24 hour ban. Overkill, complete and utter overkill. Don't get me wrong I like this site, I can see cool skins I can showcase my favorite servers, but when you do anything other than the few select things, it doesn't feel like a website it feels like a factory tour; you can look at the merchandise but you cant touch it, like a guided experience. I think this leads into the server rules being just a tad bit strict. I get it rules are there for a reason but when you say "j" 3 times and get a ban for a full day, thats like kicking someone out of a group because they said a dead, beaten joke for the 12th time. And yes there needs to still be an anti-spam bot in place but make it more lenient; say... 5 similar messages before getting kicked for 10 minutes. Over all this was a very souring experience and I likely won't be using the chat from now on. Why even keep the chat if it has under 15 users at any given moment? (I won't get into my ticket appeal even though I want to overtly express my rage with the mods through expletives). Thank you for reading my concerns and thoughts about the strictness of the rules.
Sitehound
Level 1 : New Collective