Bad video card drivers!

Torched's Avatar Torched1/30/13 5:07 pm
1 emeralds 1.4k 15
3/5/2013 5:45 pm
Torched's Avatar Torched
Hey guys, I really hope somebody can give me a hand with this. So I recently invested in a new motherboard and RAM for my computer. After installing windows 8 64 bit I put in my external HDD to play Minecraft and it gives me the "Bad video card drivers!" message, and says I need to update my video card drivers.

Well that would be easy enough, but the disc that came with my new motherboard won't load my video card drivers. The ATI catalyst pops up and stays on the "Enumerating source media for installable packages..." I looked on the Asus website and typed in my motherboard type (ASUS M5A88-m) and no video card drivers could be found.

Strangely enough, it seems as though everything should be working alright because when I go to my video card properties the driver says it is "up to date" and is "working properly". If anybody has any answers or even experience with an issue related to this, I would appreciate any response greatly.

Thanks in advance! - Torched
P.S. I am rather new to computer building/ customization. In all honesty this is my first time trying to improve my computers performance, so please do not respond negatively.

SPECS:
ASUS M5A88-M ... Motherboard
ATI Radeon HD 4250 ... Integrated Graphics (Built in the motherboard)
AMD Athlon II X2 245 ... CPU
G.skill Ripjaw X 2x8gb ... RAM
Torched
Level 9 : Apprentice Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/05/2013 5:45 pm
Torched
*Final Bump*
02/16/2013 1:07 am
Torched
*bump*
02/08/2013 10:40 pm
Torched
First off, I'd like to say thanks for all of the great feedback from everyone! This has really helped me out, and hopefully I can purchase a good video card soon. I you have any suggestions, I would appreciate them very much.

Happypieman 101
HitiGamer
_DioM_...

You purposefully downgraded to eight?

*facepalm*

You mean Windows 8? That's the latest operating system there is (by Microsoft).

Exactly. Downgraded.

Second, I was actually looking for a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate, but I was hasty to find an OS and my friend had an extra copy, so i figured why not install Windows 8? So far i have mixed feelings about it... but its a very clean looking OS in my opinion.
02/05/2013 5:45 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Explorer
ToonTaco
Athlon 245, regor, AMD, integrated graphics, of these the only word I know is "graphics". GIBBERISH.
02/05/2013 4:55 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Wolf Whisperer
DeleteThisPleaseThan
TorchedHey guys, I really hope somebody can give me a hand with this. So I recently invested in a new motherboard and RAM for my computer. After installing windows 8 64 bit I put in my external HDD to play Minecraft and it gives me the "Bad video card drivers!" message, and says I need to update my video card drivers.

Well that would be easy enough, but the disc that came with my new motherboard won't load my video card drivers. The ATI catalyst pops up and stays on the "Enumerating source media for installable packages..." I looked on the Asus website and typed in my motherboard type (ASUS M5A88-m) and no video card drivers could be found.

Strangely enough, it seems as though everything should be working alright because when I go to my video card properties the driver says it is "up to date" and is "working properly". If anybody has any answers or even experience with an issue related to this, I would appreciate any response greatly.

Thanks in advance! - Torched
P.S. I am rather new to computer building/ customization. In all honesty this is my first time trying to improve my computers performance, so please do not respond negatively.

SPECS:
ASUS M5A88-M ... Motherboard
ATI Radeon HD 4250 ... Integrated Graphics (Built in the motherboard)
AMD Athlon II X2 245 ... CPU
G.skill Ripjaw X 2x8gb ... RAM

Go to AMD and download the catylist tool( http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/w ... etect.aspx ), You have Generic windows drivers.

This is common for most windows fresh installs and automatic update, (Optional mostly)
The issue is that the drivers from microsoft don't support OpenGL Acceleration.

- Other than that, i noticed you have a Athlon 245, i had a 250(Regor), overclock it to about 215 inscale(if you want to) theres a big difference.(beware the risks of overclocking if you are going to attempt.)
02/05/2013 8:38 am
Level 29 : Expert Scribe
_DioM_

You purposefully downgraded to eight?

*facepalm*
02/05/2013 9:20 am
Level 39 : Artisan Bunny
nohitinolife
You mean Windows 8? That's the latest operating system there is (by Microsoft).
02/05/2013 5:44 pm
Level 29 : Expert Nerd
MikeRobe
Exactly. Downgraded.
02/05/2013 9:59 am
Level 40 : Master Robot
BetaEdit
He was ironical.
02/05/2013 8:03 am
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
deadrecon98
(P.S. Amd isnt very good. Get Nvidia and Intel)

Please don't drop opinions as fact, and back up any opinions you are going to leave with actual reasoning. I've had my AMD/ATi setup last for several years, and it blows away any nVidia + Intel setup I used to have (I switched to AMD/ATi after seeing how well the newer chipsets were performing, and it was hard to beat the price).

Uninstall then reinstall the video card drivers, probably the only thing I can think of. It could also be possible that your integrated driver doesn't support the requirements for Minecraft (I don't see how, but, stranger things have happened). It is recommended you get an actual video card, as integrated ones just won't cut it these days.

-P
02/05/2013 7:50 am
Level 23 : Expert Explorer
Dread-Legion
If you just wanna play, invest small, maybe $110 for a good video card. If you want to record, I recommend a NVIDIA Geforce 660
02/05/2013 7:20 am
Level 38 : Artisan Programmer
deadrecon98
Time to get a new graphics card. I reccomend Nvidia 650

(P.S. Amd isnt very good. Get Nvidia and Intel)
02/05/2013 6:59 am
Level 32 : Artisan Warrior
Syphen
I had this problem on my windows xp computer, and i was able to fix it, dont know about windows 8 though...
02/04/2013 11:59 pm
Torched
Well my motherboard model has integrated graphics and it says "Windows 7 ready" right on the box, so i think that it should work. A friend of mine also said that windows 8 is compatible with all of my hardware... i tried to re-download all of my drivers and still no luck.
01/30/2013 8:34 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
If your video card to really old, it is possible that updating to Windows 8 made it incompatible for gaming. That's what happened to me. My card is so old, that the most up-to-date software is still severely outdated. There is no fix unless you either backdate to an older OS or get a newer graphics card.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome