Black marks on skin preview faces

xxxxBATTERYxxxx's Avatar xxxxBATTERYxxxx6/1/13 10:49 am
1 emeralds 201 4
6/1/2013 11:23 am
xxxxBATTERYxxxx's Avatar xxxxBATTERYxxxx
Hello, sorry if there's a better place to post this.

I uploaded a skin yesterday but there's a problem with the face displayed on the skin preview. Black pixels appear on the face of the skin, but aren't present on the actual skin when it's downloaded.

One of my friends had this problem when he uploaded as well. As it was the first time I'd added headwear to a skin I'm wondering if I've accidently done something wrong when making the headwear which messes up PMC's preview of the model. Does anyone know what this might have been caused by? We both used MCSkin3D.

This is what I am talking about: http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/hum ... -red-hood/
xxxxBATTERYxxxx
Level 19 : Journeyman Ninja

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Teddy
06/01/2013 11:13 am
Level 70 : Legendary Skinner
Sometimes if you use maybe a blur or smudge tool it can push some transparent pixels onto the hat layer.
Just erase everything on the hat-layer other than the hood and glasses and then rename the file (example, hoodieskinFIXED.png) and replace it via updating the skin.
xxxxBATTERYxxxx
06/01/2013 11:23 am
It must have been the dodge/burn tools. The animated preview shows the right face now.

Thanks for the help!
Teddy
06/01/2013 10:55 am
Level 70 : Legendary Skinner
Try to make sure there aren't any transparent pixels on the head layer. That may be the issue.
xxxxBATTERYxxxx
06/01/2013 11:00 am
Thanks for answering so quickly. Is it just erased pixels on the headwear that can cause it?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome