Can anybody help me with mah map problem?

Ancel3's Avatar Ancel39/16/11 2:39 pm
9/16/2011 3:17 pm
ZaphodX's Avatar ZaphodX
Hey, so I have this huge 41.52 MB world that I started up back in beta... 1.6 I think? Anywho, if ya couldn't tell by the filesize, I've been playing on it. I have, I think, 4 or 5 maps. Maybe 6. What I've done is mine a spot of it's ores and stuff, then get back on mah boat and sail back to my main home/spawnpoint. Then I'd sail to the very corner of a map, and built a little 5x5 shack there and mine in that area. Well, I had that bookmod by some guy, you know, the writable book one? I had that, and I was storing all my maps in a bookshelf. Then I updated to 1.8, and the shelf was replaced by a stone slab. Now I've got no maps, and no way that I know of to get them back. I've tried TooManyItems, but all that does is give Map_0. I tried Invenedit, but I can't seem to change the map NUMBER. Any ideas? I'd really appreciate it, I've got next to no way to tell where I've already been and where to got next. All I've got is my memory, and that's a bit... not good.
Ancel3
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner