Collections of things

thesoulninja's Avatar thesoulninja4/6/12 4:14 am
4/7/2012 12:41 pm
kvSketch's Avatar kvSketch
I think there should be a feature on Planet Minecraft that lets you create a collection where you can put your skins, projects, mods and texture packs, and create a name for that collection.

On the skin, or any of the submissions, it would say "in collection: (the collection's name)" This means people could sort things if they were doing a series of mods, skins, projects, or texture packs, and include a link to them all on one page.

It would be a great feature for people who have lots of submissions, because it means they could sort all of them.

Please add this as a feature, because I know it would help lots of people on this website.
thesoulninja
Level 8 : Apprentice Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

kvSketch
04/07/2012 12:41 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Pixel Puncher
WolfOfDoom
Now that I've had some time to think about this subject, I want to suggest something. Perhaps "Collection" could be a blog category? Just a suggestion anyways. Besides, it would be easier to implement that rather than a whole section.

This, this exactly.
FoxOfDoom
04/06/2012 9:29 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Taco
It's just an opinion, as I stated a few times within the post. And I only stated the opinion as I thought it was related to the situation/argument. As far as not liking the idea, I never really said that, just that I don't think it's nessarcy. Hope that answers your question/satisfies your curiosity?

Now that I've had some time to think about this subject, I want to suggest something. Perhaps "Collection" could be a blog category? Just a suggestion anyways. Besides, it would be easier to implement that rather than a whole section.
kvSketch
04/06/2012 9:07 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Pixel Puncher
I like it, it would be nice for some people. I honestly probably wouldn't use it. Also Wolf, if you don't like the idea, I'm curios why your second argument was countered by saying you don't agree with blog collections. Just a thought, but maybe we can see a feature similar to this in the future.
FoxOfDoom
04/06/2012 12:27 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Taco
To be honest, it's a nice idea, but it's unnecessary. I say that for two reasons, which I'll go over now.

One, you can already see all the submissions someone has on their profile page. Further more, you can sort the submissions there by projects, skins, etc and most popular, most recent, etc.. That should be more than enough to find the project you're looking for.

Second, you can already do this with a blog, even though I consider that submission advertisements. But the moderator's opinions differ from mine, so oh well. I also feel skin shops would fall under submission advertisements, but I'll save the rest of my opinions for later :p

I hope this thoroughly explains my opinion on the subject, and why I think we don't need it. Obviously, this is still open to discussion/debate, but I just don't think it's likely Cyprezz will add a feature like this.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome