Digital Drawing Tools?

Platydroid's Avatar Platydroid12/7/13 10:05 pm
1 emeralds 340 7
12/19/2013 8:01 pm
Platydroid's Avatar Platydroid
Hey PMC people, It's the platypus again with a question.

So I am a pretty artistic person - I tend to do fantasy related drawings and doodles in my spare time. I want to go beyond paper and pencil to digital drawing, but I want to know what tools/software I should get.

From a couple minutes of Google searching, I found that some digitizers (those drawing tablets) can cost hundreds of dollars!!! If any of you have experience in digital drawing and want to recommend the software/hardware I should be using (low cost is optional but probably recommended ), can you share your thoughts with me? THANKS!!!
Platydroid
Level 32 : Artisan Dragon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/19/2013 7:20 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
If you want a good tablet, you're going to have to spend more money. Sorry, but that's how it is.
12/19/2013 8:01 pm
Platydroid
Hmm... darn. Any alternatives to a tablet, or is that the right way to go?
12/19/2013 7:16 pm
Platydroid
Anyone else have recomendations? Digital designers out there, help?
12/08/2013 3:36 am
Level 23 : Expert Pokemon
mrhanky49
The Wacom intuous 5 is a pretty nice and very cheap tablet.
Thats the tablet i have and i love it!
12/08/2013 3:34 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Pegasus
DasDuriel
tablets are great
but you can do alot of thuff with your mouse for free with the programm "lazynezumi" which makes you mouse movement smoother
12/08/2013 3:32 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Pokemon
kiracookie
A lot of people use a paint program called Paint Tool SAI, that one's free.

I've had a tablet for a while, but I'm not very good with it, maybe because I'm impatient, but I really like to see what I'm drawing on the screen that my pen is touching, so I wanted to save money to get one with a screen instead of just a pen-sensor. Kind of like a DS touch screen.
12/08/2013 3:24 am
Level 43 : Master Princess
Buttsauce
Wacom tablets are the industry standard. They are the best, but afaik also the most expensive. If you don't mind buying lower quality stuff there's always Trust and Aiptek.

Of course you also need some drawing software. I know Wacom sells bundles (tablet + a program from either Adobe or Corel), but you can buy software on your own or download a free one from the Internet. GIMP, ArtWeaver, FireAlpaca, Inkscape and early versions of OpenCanvas are all free. If you want to buy a program, Photoshop is the most expensive and the most popular, but there are also programs like Corel Painter, Corel Paint Shop Pro and Paint Tool Sai (I don't know if Sai is still available though, I heard the company no longer has means to develop it because so many people downloaded it illegally).
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome