Fly Admin Power Abuse Question

Daniel_return's Avatar Daniel_return8/7/16 12:54 pm
8/7/2016 11:23 pm
raidarr's Avatar raidarr
[I don’t know if this should be under General Help or a different help section.]

So I have a question about server staff using fly
Should staff be able to use fly for personal use? Some staff say using fly for personal use is fine because it does not give them any advantage but I know this is not true. Fly can be used to find players easier (for PVP) and it could allow them to fly while fighting other players, giving them more critical hits. It can also be used to find new biomes, caves, etc. All of which can give them an advantage including finding resources faster.

I know some old staff on my server used fly to grind mobs. They flew to where the mobs could not hit them, but they could hit the mobs. This is an advantage over a non-staff player because mobs give money when they die.
At this time, I am thinking that I will warn players who abuse powers like fly and then de-staff them if they continue abusing it. Staff who abuse /ban and /kick will be de-staffed.

I know that most players will leave a server if any staff on the server are abusing their powers in any way which is why I don’t think any powers even fly should be allowed for personal use.

Therefore, what I would like to know is, how do you handle staff that abuse their powers. Do you warn them, de-staff them, ban them? Do you deal out different punishments depending on what they did? I.e. did the staff member ban players who should not have been banned or were they just using fly or other powers for personal use.

Your answers and feedback are greatly appreciated.
Daniel_return
Level 12 : Journeyman Dragon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/07/2016 11:23 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
I thought spigot was that thing that made mods like plugins. Like had full on new textures and stuff. IDK I havent played MC in a long time, when I did spigot was just coming around I think

Nah, spigot just made some optimizations and ultimately became the new bukkit. It doesn't do much that bukkit did not... besides support new versions and not get itself into legal issues that shut it down
08/07/2016 9:46 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
Chase2020J
I would say that if they are abusing their powers at all, for any reason, they aren't worthy of being staff. When I say abusing, I mean anything that gives them an advantage that a regular player wouldn't have. That's just my opinion.
08/07/2016 9:12 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
_LACKY_
/quote]
-Craftbukkit's been dead for a while now. Spigot is the thing.
.[/quote]

I thought spigot was that thing that made mods like plugins. Like had full on new textures and stuff. IDK I havent played MC in a long time, when I did spigot was just coming around I think
08/07/2016 5:12 pm
Level 40 : Master Explorer
avrona
Vannila servers dont have this because it is a plugin called craftbukkit and when on a server with craftbukkit you can do /fly and you will be able to fly, but only if you have permission.

Oh ok.

I only have one staff on my server and he is a friend of mine IRL so I just give him OP.
08/07/2016 2:28 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Dragon
Daniel_return
Thanks for the replies everyone.
08/07/2016 1:55 pm
Nashy195
Avrona. Its very simple. Vannila servers dont have this because it is a plugin called craftbukkit and when on a server with craftbukkit you can do /fly and you will be able to fly, but only if you have permission.
08/07/2016 6:39 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
-Craftbukkit's been dead for a while now. Spigot is the thing.
-It's an entirely different server type that enables plugins in the first place.
-Essentials is the plugin that gives most servers the fly command.

On the main topic, anyone who would get something entitling fly on my account is someone who would use it properly. Then again, if you aren't going to give GMC with fly, I suppose there isn't much of a point to giving it at all unless you're into flavoring staff commands, in which case you should be able to trust your staff to use the command right.
08/07/2016 1:40 pm
avrona
So can anyone answer my question of how you even get the fly command?
08/07/2016 1:11 pm
_LACKY_
Well if you want them to play like a regular person would on the server and only use their powers given to sort out things then ya I guess there is a problem.

What I used to do on my servers, well first of all I would make sure to get staff that I would know for the most part wouldnt do something like that. On the chance they were misusing their powers just demote them for like a few days then give them a second chance. Let them know you are in control, and they have their powers to help and not have fun.

I mean of course you can have some fun and stuff itis a game after all.
08/07/2016 1:07 pm
avrona
How do you get the fly command anyway? I've seen people talk about it but it isn't a command in the game as far as I can tell.
08/07/2016 1:03 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Pokemon
JediJerboa
In my experience, the fly command is a valuable tool to any staff member, but should be used humbly. Fly gives a player a better view of the world, which you think is being abused. The punishment for abuse should be minor, although a constant barrage of violations should be met with greater measures. However, some better uses of the command make it easier to spot players who are cheating, as I have learned from past experience. But if you have staff that know and perform their jobs well, I would not worry about fly command abuse.
08/07/2016 1:00 pm
avrona
They do on my server. Though there is no /fly command on my server, just creative mode. And I don't see why not.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome