Graphic Tablet Help

roryd04's Avatar roryd043/28/14 1:07 pm
3/30/2014 5:35 am
roryd04's Avatar roryd04
Hello guys, my birthday is next week and I am willing to invest in a graphic tablet to take my art to the next level and might even consider doing art for people to make a bit of money. The thing is is that I am not knowledgeable in this subject and need some pointers in which one to get. My budget is £100-£125 but I kinda wanna get a one with a display so I can see what I am drawing or a quite large one. If you do know any please post the link to it below or give me some pointers on where to start.

Thanks
roryd04
Level 17 : Journeyman Taco

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/30/2014 5:35 am
roryd04
Ok, I have decided to give with the Wacom Intuos S (not the small). As it has a multi- touch feature meaning I can navigate it a bit easier. Also can anyone give me the link to download the whole Adobe CS2 suite as Buttsauce said earlier that you can get the whole suite for free.
03/29/2014 3:25 am
roryd04
Bump
03/28/2014 3:53 pm
roryd04
I can't find the free download links, can anyone supply me with a link to download a free link to the CS2 suite?
03/28/2014 3:35 pm
Level 43 : Master Princess
Buttsauce
Photoshop is probably the best available option. Apparently the entire CS2 suite can be downloaded for free from Adobe's site, so you might want to grab it. Corel Painter and Paint Tool Sai are good choices too. They are not as versatile as Photoshop, but for drawing they're more than enough. There are also many free programs you can download, like GIMP, ArtWeaver, FireAlpaca, Inkscape, OpenCanvas or Sumopaint.
03/28/2014 3:41 pm
roryd04
I didn't know that the CS2 suite was free, thanks for that. I thought I might have to also invest in a subscription to Photoshop
03/28/2014 3:27 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Ah, drawing tablets...

I've been thinking about one of these too. Unfortunately, it's neigh impossible to find one at a decent price that has a screen. I just can't see myself ever getting used to looking at a monitor, but drawing in my lap with a pen. Seems like I'll be saving up for a Wacom Cintiq 13HD, priced at 999$. Time to get a job. lol
03/28/2014 3:51 pm
Buttsauce
Have you ever tried using a normal tablet? Not seeing what you're doing with your hands apparently sounds daunting to a lot of people, but tablets are actually surprisingly easy to get used to.
03/28/2014 3:40 pm
roryd04
If your looking for a display one I found a reasonably good one with a display for only £120. Good luck with the job!
03/28/2014 3:25 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Explorer
Microglass1
03/28/2014 3:24 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Crafter
James44970
Oh hello Rory! We used to play on a survival server remember? (My server that went wrong, I didnt get OP because I wasnt hosting the server) Happy Birthday! Joke song:

"Happy Birthday To You

You're A Hundred And Two

You've Lost All Your Hair Now

And Your Teeth Are Brand New!"

Tom Gates song, Don't judge me that I read them. I highly reccomend Checking them out though.

Also on your tablet, Highest price one I found:
Link: http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing- ... 6-pdt.html

Lowest price one I found:
Link: http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing- ... 5-pdt.html
03/28/2014 3:40 pm
roryd04
Thanks for that James, already seen both these tablets.
03/28/2014 3:24 pm
Level 42 : Master Sailor
Dunlan_Willowbo
I've heard that paint tool sai is a pretty good art software, maybe check out that.
03/28/2014 3:22 pm
roryd04
Ok, thank you. I was thinking about the small Wacom tablets. I didn't mean make it any better I meant broaden my horizons. I might also start selling my art as well if I improve. I also think I will use the tablet in conjunction with Photoshop as well. Know any better Art programs? Also thank you for your response.
03/28/2014 3:14 pm
Buttsauce
Before you buy a tablet please keep in mind that it won't make your art any better than it already is. You wouldn't believe how many people buy tablets and then end up disappointed because they thought a new device was somehow going to fill all the gaps in their knowledge.

Anyway, there are several companies that produce tablets. Wacom is the industry standard. It manufactures the best tablets but their products can be quite expensive. They also have a series of display tablets called Cintiq, but these are very expensive and used mostly by professionals (and kids with really, really rich parents). Using a tablet like Cintiq when you're not a seasoned artist is a bit of a waste of hardware. For your first tablet, stick to something like Bamboo.
Other tablets that might interest you are manufactured by Aiptek, Trust and Genius. These might be cheaper but not as reliable as Wacom's stuff.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome