Help D=

Lexlexi's Avatar Lexlexi7/19/11 3:59 pm
1 emeralds 132 5
7/19/2011 4:45 pm
Delta7x's Avatar Delta7x
I was trying to download a texture pack... Which I don't know how to do. So, when I got the minecraft.jar thing it screws MC up. I learned this when I was in teamviewer and tried to get Mo'Creatures. I had to delete it just to play MC. I tried to delete it now but It won't let me it says 'Try again.'. =/ Whenever I open MC it goes to a black screen and freezes, so I can't even get to the main page.

Halp D= How do i get to play Mc again?
Lexlexi
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Delta7x
07/19/2011 4:45 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Explorer
Not the Minecraft.jar file >.<.. The .minecraft folder itself in the Appdata folder. Once you delete that and run your MineCraft client, a new folder with default settings will take its place and you will be able to run MineCraft once again.If your still having trouble I'll take screenshots and post them to show you what I mean.

~Delta
Lexlexi
07/19/2011 4:38 pm
I can't do that. I can't even get to the main page -.- I can't delete minecraft.jar either, so.
Delta7x
07/19/2011 4:19 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Explorer
This should help, first if you have any Singleplayer saves that you want to keep, go into the saves folder and bring them to the Desktop for the time being. Then you want to go to the AppData folder and delete the .minecraft folder, upon starting MineCraft again, the folder will reppear back to default settings. You can then put your saves back in the 'saves' folder.

To install a texture pack, is a simple copy, click, and drag. Nothing like adding Mods .
First, after doing what I said above, run your Minecraft client, then click on "Texture packs and mods" then there will be a button that says "Open Texture Pack Folder" you want to click on that and drag the .rar file of the texture pack (the whole file!) and your done!

IF you have an HD texture pack, run the patcher first, there should be videos on how to install HD Texture Packs because I do not remember how to off the top of my head.

Hope that helps.

~Delta
Lexlexi
07/19/2011 4:10 pm
You mean, where I can pick Single player or Multiplayer? I can't even get to that page... =/

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/232 ... ix-210-02/
I downloaded the patcher thing. (I had no idea what I was doin..)
kacboy
07/19/2011 4:07 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Taco
On the main launcher menu, click 'Options' then 'force update'. It should force an update and get MC back to it's vanilla/default self.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome