Hopper help (shift+click not working)

squarechique's Avatar squarechique5/28/13 3:11 pm
1 emeralds 6.1k 7
6/30/2015 7:53 pm
48productions's Avatar 48productions
I am having trouble getting the hopper to transfer items into a chest. I first tried just placing the hopper on the block above the chest (it was facing down into the chest) but that didn't work. Then I saw where people were saying you have to shift click onto the chest to place the hopper but for some reason Shift left clicking on top of the chest just make my character punch the chest with hopper in hand and shift right clicking just opens the chest. Do I need to change some setting or something? Please help.

Thank you.
squarechique
Level 9 : Apprentice Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/30/2015 6:56 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
CoolKidPlays
And it's in the top left corner
06/30/2015 6:55 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
CoolKidPlays
I got the solution ok so turn off touchscreen mode.go to potions then controls and turn off touchscreen mode (in minecraft)
05/28/2013 4:03 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Pixel Painter
BlackHawk185
It's shift + right click. Not left.
05/28/2013 4:03 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Toast
stupid3700
I'm not sure then; perhaps it's just bugged out a bit? To test it out, I created some new worlds using the options you had chosen, and found the hopper to place correctly.
Instead, place another block, such as dirt, where your chest would be and place the hopper on top of it, then replace that block with the chest.
05/28/2013 3:54 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Architect
squarechique
I just tried it again (Shift and right clicking with the hopper in hand) and it didn't work. When I created the world I accidentally chose creative mode so I opened it to a LAN map and switched it to survival with no cheats. Is this maybe why it doesn't want to work?

Edit: I started a new map as survival (allow cheats ON) and it works just fine. I guess it has something to do with creative or maybe LAN maps?
06/30/2015 7:53 pm
Level 29 : Expert Engineer
48productions
Did you hold down the shift key while right-clicking, or did you press shift then right click? You need to hold down the shift key while right clicking in order for it to work. It should work (Usually does for me) regardless of whether cheats are on or not, survival or creative mode, LAN world or not LAN world, etc.
05/28/2013 3:43 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Toast
stupid3700
With the hopper in your hand, shift-right-click on the top of the chest and the hopper should place on top of the chest.
I personally tested this and it works, so I'm not sure why you're having the issue.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome