How do you stay interested in Minecraft when playing a single player world?

Josh651Pro's Avatar Josh651Pro4/4/23 12:01 pm
2 emeralds 138 6
4/5/2023 1:56 pm
Aceplante's Avatar Aceplante
Josh651Pro
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Aceplante
04/05/2023 1:54 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Spelunker
Most people play simply get the best gear, defeat the ender dragon... and then what? Create a new world and do it all over again? That gets boring and repetitive very quickly.

So, they turn to mods. Personally, I only VERY recently started looking into mods, and I find myself preferring tweak mods rather than content mods, because there's something nice about the simplicity of Minecraft. Thats the reason we all fell in love with it in the first place.

The key?

Long term progression: specifically looking back on how far you've come, and how much you've accomplished. That, obviously, requires you to stick with one world and not restart and create a new one every month. I have always respected the people who have stuck with the same world for many years, and though I only recently started a long-term survival world (since 1.16), my only regret is not starting sooner.

Build crazy weird things. Leave yourself signs for your future self to find. I have a whole document of ideas that I am constantly adding to, at a rate faster than I can complete them.
CrownDeluxe
04/05/2023 12:50 pm
Level 44 : Master Lemon
Progression!

Minecraft is a project-based game (especially in singleplayer), so find something cool you want to do or make, and go ahead! It's not all about getting gear, it's about creating amazing things! That can be a build, farm, functional base, redstone, anything. Make something to be proud of.
(I personally also really like just exploring/wandering)
Waradu
04/04/2023 5:10 pm
Level 46 : Master uwu
first of all find a good seed maybe not to overpowered.
DONT RUSH, take it slowly.
After that build a cool base, Make as many farms as possible, Get god armor (all protection enchantments), explore, get all advancements…
Maybe make the game harder for more challange:
Difficulty -> Hard
Natural Regeneration -> off
Josh651Pro
04/05/2023 11:02 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
Thanks, though after getting netherite and defeating the ender dragon, there really isnt any more goals to reach and it starts to become quite repetitive. I wish there were more things that you can do that are worth it, the newer features like archeology doesnt really have anything thats makes you want to get it like an elytra. Even ancient cities doesnt really have anything special except for maybe swift sneak and a music disc...? I am also not a good builder so most of my bases look really ugly unless I copy one from Youtube.
Aceplante
04/05/2023 1:56 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Spelunker
Build for fun. It doesnt need to be perfect. practice new styles. Pixel art? recreate vanilla structures with different block palletes? A wood end city or a stone brick nether fortress in a jungle?
Waradu
04/05/2023 1:13 pm
Level 46 : Master uwu
start learning how to build. After that go back to your world and start building.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome