How does one create a Donate button?

1UPMiner's Avatar 1UPMiner3/1/13 4:31 pm
3/1/2013 7:41 pm
HerbertDiesel's Avatar HerbertDiesel
So i made a donate button, heres the thing i can't add it to the Profile description on my account. I click BBC code paste the html there, it shows up. Click save, go to view it on my profile... all that's there is "Donate for skin requests!"
1UPMiner
Level 58 : Grandmaster Dragonborn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/01/2013 7:41 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Nerd
HerbertDiesel
Are you using PayPal? I know that they don't allow you to use the "Donate" button unless you are a non profit. I have a donate button on my profile description I used a hyperlink that takes the person to a separate page where they can donate any dollar amount. Since PayPal any MANY other services don't technically allow you to accept donations for personal reasons I used a service called "GoGetFunding" and can set up a fundraiser for ANY reason. They even pay out to you via PayPal... strange I know

Since you are interested in donating a portion of the money to another cause... on their website you can also donate to many other causes that you can browse through and choose what you want to donate to...
03/01/2013 7:14 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Pyro
Supernova666
No, by for example, saying "If you donate $1 to me, I will make you a skin" or "Donate $1 and I will give you op on my server" The amount of money and what people get could vary, but that is my point. And it would not be abused for long as it would be picked up by people and moderators would deal with it.
03/01/2013 7:05 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Explorer
Stirfriedpenquin
1 Question Moderator. How do you bribe someone into donating? Dosnt that kind of defeat the purpose
03/01/2013 7:07 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Modder
SugarrCraft
I shall assume, bribing would be something a little like:

Donate to me and I will diamond all your posts and favorite! all of them!
03/01/2013 6:57 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Blacksmith
SkyTechKid
One does not simply make a donate button.
03/01/2013 5:36 pm
1UPMiner
New question, how can i make it so half the money will go to a charity.
03/01/2013 5:40 pm
Level 26 : Expert Geek
RoboSharks
You would have to send them the money later on
03/01/2013 5:30 pm
Level 21 : Expert Lumberjack
Aeons
Try just putting text on your profile and then hyperlinking the text to the donation page.

-1b8...
03/01/2013 5:20 pm
Level 72 : Legendary Button Pusher
the_soup
Go onto paypal's website/FAQ and see if they have instructions for adding a donate button to your profile.

Also, to clear up the rules, donation buttons are allowed to be put on your profile or submissions, as long as you do not force, coerce or bribe people into donating.
03/01/2013 5:18 pm
Level 28 : Expert Dragonborn
Hawkeye Graphics
^ I like this guy.
03/01/2013 4:43 pm
Supernova666
I assume you will be asking for monetary donations, buuuut PMC doesn't allow users to use the site for commercial advertising/selling/distributing (rule number 6). So do you actually need one?
03/01/2013 5:17 pm
1UPMiner
Actually
Commercial advertising is a public promotion of some product or service
Commercial selling means something related to buying or selling things.
Commercial Distributing is a method of spreading information about a company's product by buying a portion of a page in a magazine/newspaper

The definition of Donating is the making of a gift especially to a charity or a person.

So i ask again, how do i place them in my account desc?
03/01/2013 6:49 pm
Supernova666
I stand well and truly corrected. However, without being mean, insulting, or in any way insinuating anything, do you see how donate buttons could be abused (not for long), but still abused all the same? That was why I was wondering why you needed one.
03/01/2013 7:08 pm
Level 25 : Expert Network
RiotShielder
...How would you abuse a donation button? Clicking it too much?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome