How does one "make a skin contest"

A-Chu's Avatar A-Chu8/21/18 11:29 am
1 emeralds 237 8
8/22/2018 8:17 am
DinowCookie's Avatar DinowCookie
SO I've been wondering how do I make skin contests, and I'm like kinda clueless. I mean like I uhhh, am kinda new to this. ._.
A-Chu
Level 33 : Artisan Geek

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/21/2018 12:34 pmhistory
Level 48 : Master Sus
ArcaneKnight
Well the most important part is the theme, you need a good and clear theme;

for example

Greek gods; which of course let participants do the ancient Grecian gods like Zeus, Hades, Athena, Hera, Aphrodite and so on

or there's something like Back to School, which of course makes participants make school related skins, like a girl or boy in school uniform or make a teacher,

Redstone Engineers.

which of course needs to be skins of people working with redstone. Like a redstone miner, or redstone scientist or redstone electrician

(all are already made contests)

Then you need a good deadline, two weeks is usually good for a contest (it may be more, it may be less)

Then you need to decide if you will judge it by yourself or if you want to contact other users to help judge and a clear set of rules

Then you need to decide prizes, no prizes or some (non physical) prizes (lik diamonds for a certain number of skins, pixel art trophies Gold, Silver and Bronze for the first 3 respectively, pixel art participation trophies, skin requests, art requests)
08/21/2018 12:39 pm
A-Chu
Like I'm super creative and stuff. I just need to know like how to physically do it. Because I have like no idea. PMC is REALLY confusing to me and I am more than willing to learn all about it because I am making what I enjoy, and I love a good story! Also I'm gonna make a re shading contest, but I want to know how to make other types of contests as well! And if you do respond, could you dumb it down for me, I might be 18 but I'm not that smart tbh.
08/21/2018 12:35 pm
A-Chu
I'm good on developing themes, I just need to know where the heck to go to make said contest. >~<
08/21/2018 12:46 pm
Level 48 : Master Sus
ArcaneKnight
go to forums, look under PMC there's a topic called EVENTS, there is the place to go to make contests as a forum thread
08/21/2018 11:49 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Lemon
Kawaii
It’s alright. I mean, just take inspirations from other contests. And I highly recommend reading this organization article that DinowCookie wrote. She is really helpful from things like this and I think this will help you a lot. That’s how I learned to create my first contest. :) I hope it helped you like it helped me.
08/21/2018 12:31 pm
A-Chu
I looked at it, but like I need to know the step by step process, I don't know where to go to even make a contest >~< I am a newb to contests and skin trades, and re shading contests.
08/22/2018 8:17 am
Level 70 : Legendary Dinosaur
DinowCookie
The blog post states where to post a contest, under step 7 which is about posting and promoting your contest:
"Contests on PMC should be posted in the events section on the forums. This is where you can create a new thread for your contest."
08/21/2018 12:51 pmhistory
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Lemon
Kawaii
That’s easy. You can start contest on forum posts like this. All you need is a theme, rules, and prizes. Though the last one is optional. If you want to do a re shade contest, start of with a skin, post is regularly having a title related to a re shade contest, and put the details in the discription of your skin. :)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome