How To Remove a Hidden Virus?

GamerAuthority's Avatar GamerAuthority8/3/14 11:15 pm
8/5/2014 4:51 am
GiganticBlock's Avatar GiganticBlock
Hey guys, I've been searching on Google how to remove a hidden virus from my computer but came up with no luck.

The application is called "sample.exe" and it asks me if I want to run it everytime I startup my computer or log in to my account.

The file is located in my AppData/Roaming folder but the "sample.exe" isn't there. (It told me where the location of it was)

So I tried to manually running it by adding /sample.exe and guess what. It tries to run which means it's there! (ofcourse I just click on "cancel" so it doesn't run.)

So I know that this is a virus and I want to remove it but I don't know how. Please help?
GamerAuthority
Level 12 : Journeyman Modder

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Nathat23
08/05/2014 4:39 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Crafter
CCleaner is harmless, it's a very good pice of software. You probably used one of those Cnet downloaders that add unwanted programs to your computer and one of them must have included a virus, Try HitMan Pro and see if that Helps. Also next time use Unchecky to help stop these PUPs from being installed
GiganticBlock
08/05/2014 4:51 am
Level 36 : Artisan Droid
Yeah some downloaders come with unwanted programs. Most of the time they are in hard to notice text. For example there is agree and unagree button and the text is gray most of the time and you just keep clicking agree and accidently install virus program.
_Kiyoshi Ryu_
08/04/2014 5:22 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Artist
SasukeUchiha2214
TBGPrison
Tiger_10Get a free trial of WebRoot. Its the best anti virus software you can get. It got rid of three major viruses that were sitting on my laptop for years without me knowing.

MalwareBytes is WAY better. Use Malwarebytes, saved my a$$ from trojans and backdoors

I use both

Yeah xD I also use both and I think they're both more less on the same level
Afootpluto
08/04/2014 4:35 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Ninja
Download malwarebytes. It should take care of it.
luigi_vampa
08/04/2014 4:35 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Dragonborn
Have you looked in the startup folder?
on windows 8, open the task manager (ctrl + shift + esc together) and click the startup tab.
thebla100
08/04/2014 12:30 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
SasukeUchiha2214
TBGPrison
Tiger_10Get a free trial of WebRoot. Its the best anti virus software you can get. It got rid of three major viruses that were sitting on my laptop for years without me knowing.

MalwareBytes is WAY better. Use Malwarebytes, saved my a$$ from trojans and backdoors

I use both

Same.
HassanPCMR
08/04/2014 12:29 am
Level 29 : Expert Pirate
TBGPrison

I use both
David5886
08/04/2014 12:22 am
Level 41 : Master Modder
Download Malwarebytes and run a threat or full scan. Malwarebytes is one of the best Anti-Malware software out there. If it blocks installation then use Malwarebytes Camillean
WhimsicalTuber17
08/04/2014 12:20 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Architect
TBGPrison

Agreed, Malwarebytes is the best.
killazombiecow
08/04/2014 12:15 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Engineer
Try your %temp% folder ^_^
Tiger_10
08/04/2014 12:11 am
Level 27 : Expert Artist
Get a free trial of WebRoot. Its the best anti virus software you can get. It got rid of three major viruses that were sitting on my laptop for years without me knowing.
TBGPrison
08/04/2014 12:14 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Unicorn
MalwareBytes is WAY better. Use Malwarebytes, saved me from trojans and backdoors
Killertoad
08/03/2014 11:49 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
It's probably been hidden.

Here is how to un-hide files:

After you do that, find the file, and delete it. Or use a virus scanner to delete it. (Or right click and see what options you have to do with it, with a virus scanner.)
searchndstroy
08/03/2014 11:47 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Modder
Windows start button, type in 'cmd', right click on it, run as admin, and type in this:
del %appdata%\sample.exe
GamerAuthority
08/04/2014 4:31 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Modder
It says Could not find it! :/ It must be a stealth virus. Any help?

Also, I believe I got the virus from CCleaner so.. I don't trust anti-malware/anti-virus services anymore. I know they're safe but the best anti-malware there is, is you.

Know what you're downloading! And stay away from CCleaner!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome