I am getting really discouraged...

DreamBliss's Avatar DreamBliss6/25/21 9:58 pm history
4 emeralds 127 2
6/26/2021 10:24 pm
Azie's Avatar Azie
So I am watching Coe's Quest. That ring any bells for anyone? I stumbled on to it as I have also been watching Bdub's first Let's Play series, and he mentioned the guy. Coe just plugged r Minecraft, saying he was getting good feedback on, I presume, his let's play series. I just visited the subreddit, and took a look at their rules. Anyone ever seen that list? Especially the stuff considered old, tired content. Well that's just flawed out the door, because all that stuff would be brand new to me and a few thousand other new players to Minecraft! It would only be old and tired to anyone who has been in the subreddit over 4 years!

I feel, I guess, excluded and short changed by social media. What if I want to post links to the latest episodes of my Let's Play and get feedback? Where do I do that? How can I have the same advantages that Coe, Bdubs, Grian and every other Minecrafter had starting out, back when they started making content? Because all I see is a wall of what I can't do, or what people do not want. I do not see anywhere I can post links and share content while building a community around my work. And all the, I guess you could call them OG minecrafters, seem to care less about anyone following in their footsteps. I see nobody lending me a helping hand. It seems like once they got famous at YouTube, everyone who got them there and who keeps them there has become irrelevant to them.

You know I get some policing is needed as there are a lot of bad actors out there abusing the system. But in an attempt to weed them out newbie creators like myself are kept out as well! And I get that all the OG Minecrafters have families and thousands of people all vying for their attention. They can't make content and acknowledge everyone at the same time. But to they always have to give us n00bs the cold shoulder? I mean is that strictly necessary?

I don't know what I am trying to accomplish with this post. Whining I guess. But as I am generally not one to complain or whine, I think it is merited here. I want the same advantages and opportunities everyone else has had in establishing their YouTube presence. I do not think that is too much to ask, especially when I have demonstrated (and continue to demonstrate) that I can and will put in the effort, time and work. Maybe I am not good enough, maybe I do not have what it takes to establish a YouTube following. But I should at least be given a chance to try, not just blocked and ignored at every step along the way.

Just wanted to speak out. Talk to someone, anyone. End of rant.
DreamBliss
Level 31 : Artisan Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/26/2021 10:24 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
As much as it sucks, you (or anyone else) will never have the same advantages as already large Minecraft content creators had when they first started out. Content restrictions on forums or subreddits aside, when a lot of these people started making Minecraft content Youtube wasn't yet main-stream and not as many people had the hardware to record and edit their videos. Nowadays everyone and their uncle is trying to make a Minecraft Youtube channel and unless you've got something about you or your content that's really unique, I think you'll find it very difficult to attract an audience in that specific market.

I think it's a nice idea to want big creators to help small creators, but I think expecting them too is a bit naïve and ascribing their lack of personal help or mentorship to malice or greed is a big stretch. Have you ever tried to carry on a conversation with more than 3 people in separate messages? More than 20? More than 200? Now look at the comments section of some of these MC Youtubers. There are thousands of people, a lot of whom are vying for attention from their favorite creator. It's simply not possible to have a career, relationships, and take care of yourself while responding personally to that many people. I have no idea what their inboxes look like, but I imagine that there are both commenters AND sponsors AND networks in there all trying to get their attention. It's a lot. I don't know who blocked or ignored you and I can't cast any judgement on you or that person since I know nothing about what happened, but it might help to consider that it's never just you trying to get these people's attention.
06/25/2021 10:43 pmhistory
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
HoboMaggot
People in general are greedy by nature (just look at history with all the wars and political corruptions or Jeff Bozos and Amazon), the bigger creators most likely dont lend a helping hand to smaller creators because:
  1. They want to retain their power
  2. Event if they wanted to help, they cant help all the small creators
To be fair for Grian and Mumbo Jumbo, their channels started by doing something different that other creators of that time. Grian was a master at building and Mumbo at redstone.
The more recent Dream (most likely as I dont watch his videos) does manhunts
Megamanny and stevee does comedic shorts

They're only popular because they're unique (at least back when they started getting popular).

The difference between big and small creators is when the big creators started doing what made them popular, it was a small "market" back then and was a lot more newer. Nowadays the "market" for something like smps is a lot more saturated and there are tons of people trying make content for a limited amount of viewers(who already follow the bigger youtubers)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome