Inappropriate ads

SpartanSkeleton's Avatar SpartanSkeleton12/7/12 1:15 am
12/7/2012 2:00 am
bodiedoo's Avatar bodiedoo
I was just wondering why there are so many anime hentai/manga ads on PMC, I really dont like that kind of stuff and this is a community website, Is there any way I can block them out of just plain get rid of them?
SpartanSkeleton
Level 40 : Master Musician

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/07/2012 1:58 am
Level 40 : Master Mage
+Sheena+
I don't have those ads though. I thought it was depended on the region you are living in.
12/07/2012 1:56 am
Level 44 : Master Zombie
minecraftworkers
Well i do not know what you are searching on yur pc but it is based on history
12/07/2012 2:00 am
Level 44 : Master Enderdragon
l_Pro_Assassin
Did you even read Paril's post?
12/07/2012 1:54 am
l_Pro_Assassin
SpartanSkeletonI seriously dont think the "based on search history" thing is really in effect, i mainly get ads for smokey the bear, muscle building, and anime, Neither i, nor nobody in my house looks up stuff even close to that

Okay then, what is your browser?
12/07/2012 1:51 am
SpartanSkeleton
I seriously dont think the "based on search history" thing is really in effect, i mainly get ads for smokey the bear, muscle building, and anime, Neither i, nor nobody in my house looks up stuff even close to that, but anyways I activated chrome's Do Not Track, so thatnks for the help everyone
12/07/2012 1:34 am
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
It likely won't help. That option is for Google, not for these advertisers. They track via IP most likely.

-P
12/07/2012 2:00 am
Level 20 : Expert Robot
bodiedoo
Are you sure? most are based on cookies

you can also disable them by clicking the extremely small icon in the ad, that will bring you to the ad provider, where you can opt out. there is also a website that adds a do not track cookie, google it
12/07/2012 1:30 am
Level 20 : Expert Robot
bodiedoo
google chrome has a "do not track" option that will disable these types of ads. it prevents all ads based on history etc
12/07/2012 1:27 am
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
While there is a "based on search history" precedent set by the moderators for some reason, it is not as simple as "whatever you searched is what you get".

It is likely that the advertisers link "what you want" with your IP. As such, if you have a dynamic IP, or change it often, you may get the IP that was assigned to somebody who was into that sort of thing, and as such are stuck with his ads.

It's not something we can control, and is up to the advertiser. We try to keep the content clean but it's not always possible.

-P
12/07/2012 1:24 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Soldier
Rayner_XIII
Click on the adblock icon in the top right of your browser (I'm assuming it's Chrome), and then click "Block an Ad on this page", it guides you through it. Though, when I didn't have adblock, I never got those ads.
Level 24 : Expert Explorer
Pownage
The ad system used on pmc produces advertisements based from your web history. PMC is not responsible for any inappropriate ads shown on your screen.

And yes, ad block does work, at least for me it does.
l_Pro_Assassin
*sigh* What browser are you using? And also, the ads that show are based on your search history.
12/07/2012 1:19 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Miner
Quaellen_Wins
Get adblock?
12/07/2012 1:21 am
SpartanSkeleton
doesnt work on pmc for some reason
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com