Intrusive Ads

alj21's Avatar alj211/22/14 9:21 pm
1 emeralds 295 6
1/22/2014 9:41 pm
aman207's Avatar aman207
Hello PMC, I'd like to report an issue I've been having on PMC for a long time.
Intrusive ads.
I have had video ads, some of which are very persistent and I am unable to pause them, half-page ads at either side of the page, especially common on the homepage, and when I've opened PMC or gone onto content, I've actually been redirected to a scam page, and before you say "You have a virus/malware/you must have clicked it", my answer is none of the above. I have done extensive Malware and Virus checks, and half the time these redirection ads come up before the PMC page has even loaded. And I know it's nothing to do with my searches, as supermarket coupons are far from what I look up, and it only happens on PMC.
I just wanted to report this, as just now it has gone out of hand when I opened 3 pop reel items, only to be directed to some kind of ad site. And that was on ALL OF THEM
It really needs fixing.
alj21
Level 26 : Expert Mountaineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/22/2014 9:27 pm
Level 25 : Expert Network
Click to fix!

There isn't anything PMC can do. Its all the ad providers. If its from google ads then google will normally not allow those.

PMC doesnt allow auto play video ads. So its mostly the fact that the ad got in somehow.

Either get adblock or deal with it.
barela
01/22/2014 9:26 pm
Level 24 : Expert Taco
Try and check to see if you have any extensions installed that might be causing pop-ups. I had tons of things popping up before on websites that haven't happened before and I figured out that I had some weird ass extension installed to my Chrome that I've never heard of. I uninstalled it and the website was pop-up free! What browser do you have? Any toolbars?
Paril
01/22/2014 9:25 pm
He/Him • Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat Programmer
The redirection ad is a known issue, and there's not much we can do about it directly aside from reporting them to the ad manager. You have to give us the URLs though otherwise we can't really know where they came from.

Video ads autoplaying is also something I've noticed more of recently. Will have to see what we can do about it.
alj21
01/22/2014 9:34 pm
Level 26 : Expert Mountaineer
Thanks Paril, I'll get the links next time they appear, also thanks for the fast response!
01/22/2014 9:30 pm
Level 25 : Expert Network
I would think Google adsense has options for what kind of ads to show. But when I use PMC with out adblock I dont see many from google. I see alot from some other website ive never heard of.

There was this one that said free minecraft. I investigated and found that they had a google and nortan trusted site certificate. I guess because they didnt host the files nothing was auto detected.

(Sorry if I type anything wrong im on an iphone)
aman207
01/22/2014 9:41 pm
Level 40 : Master Cake
Pssssst
PMC doesn't use Google AdSense
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome