Little issue and don't know what to do

Blitzgrutel's Avatar Blitzgrutel2/25/14 5:12 am
1 emeralds 376 9
2/25/2014 8:03 am
Blitzgrutel's Avatar Blitzgrutel
Hi,

I have 2 submissions, 1 blog and 1 project, that the text became crappy after a PMC update. I want to correct that, But I fear that if I update a project just to correct grammar or errors in text created by a PMC update, I will receive an infraction for abusing the update feature because there will be no significant add in it. I'm also wondering why there's no "EDIT" feature in these things, but this is another story hehe!!

The errors are with the apostrophes. here's the link of the two submissions:

http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... s-dungeon/

http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/the ... minecraft/

What do I do with that? It's not very cute to let it like that no? So how can I correct grammar without abusing the update feature?

It's possible that you see nothing wrong in the text, so it will just mean that it's an ASCII decoding problem. But the issue is still there and will be there for the ones that their computer will decode the text the same way as mine.
Blitzgrutel
Level 40 : Master Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/25/2014 7:23 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Architect
_xCreeperZx_
lol snowy have you seen that forum signature of LuisGoldacre kicking you from the chat and moving you over to Server Hall? I actually laughed, it was quite funny.
02/25/2014 7:01 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster uwu
Ash
We all understood what that meant, right? .-.

02/25/2014 6:56 am
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
Yes. My apologies about the text garbage - it was an old bug that the editor before this one introduced, and sadly it mangled between two/three different encodings (between the editor -> AJAX -> PHP -> MySQL and back) it created garbage that was hard to fix.

When we did the update, we decided that the only way to handle it would be to simply coerce everything to UTF-8 and tell it to convert everything to the unrecognized character symbol (for safety purposes). We were able to remove certain patterns of special characters that we noticed, but some like yours slipped the radar. Even if changing the text 'bumped' your submission, we wouldn't warn you for it.
02/25/2014 8:03 am
Blitzgrutel
Thanks for the answer. I knew that it was something like that.

I understood the first time for the bump, but I wanted to be sure that I did'nt make a positive/negative error in traduction because I'm french, and this type of error happens all the time for me hehe!!
02/25/2014 6:34 am
Level 71 : Legendary Pokemon
Luis
Indeed
02/25/2014 5:51 am
Blitzgrutel
Thank you!! So if I don't write an update log and still save my corrections, no bump. I'm correct?
02/25/2014 5:38 am
Blitzgrutel
Very interresting... Can you list me here what bump and don't bump a submission?

I did not know that and a read all the rules several times (perhaps adding these infos to the rules will be a good idea)!!! This will solve a lot of things!!! And by the time, I found other submissions in my list that have the same issue.
02/25/2014 5:20 am
Level 48 : Master Botanist
Sbia
just don't type anything in the update log/anything that'll bump your submissions
02/25/2014 5:48 am
Level 71 : Legendary Pokemon
Luis
^^

BlitzgrutelVery interresting... Can you list me here what bump and don't bump a submission?

A submission will BUMP only after a log has been entered and the submission has been saved (there is also a time limit of 24hours between BUMPs but sometimes that doesn't seem to work)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome