Minecraft Server Saturation

wildmaster84's Avatar wildmaster843/28/24 6:55 am history
3 emeralds 121 1
4/1/2024 1:22 pm
ScotsMiser's Avatar ScotsMiser
I feel like I'm really the only one who's been thinking about this for the past few years, but does anyone else feel like the Minecraft Community is just oversaturated with dead/inactive Minecraft servers? I have been browsing server listings and most servers I see are offline, zero players or never exceed 20 on an active basis. Perhaps the server listing rules need to be adjusted to help players find more active servers, but again I would like to see what other people think.

wildmaster84
Level 14 : Journeyman Cookie

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/29/2024 12:07 am
Level 36 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
Given that the general 'rule' has been that 90% of business start-ups fail within 2 years, I'm not surprised there are a large percentage of defunbct (or nearly so) servers.

At his point the market for servers (general access rather than those established just for a gourp that is already known to each other) is probably very saturated; any new server is gooing to be either very niche (sharply limiting the number of potential players) or immediately in competition with many pre-esisting servers (many of which will have the advantage of some degree of established player community base).

Since the advantage of SMP is interaction with other human players, bootstrapping a server to the point where it can reliably offer that experience is one of the more difficult hurdles.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome