Minigame Creation

BlazingObsidian's Avatar BlazingObsidian5/17/21 2:13 am
5 emeralds 107 7
5/22/2021 9:29 pm
Gamenight999474's Avatar Gamenight999474
I am creating a minecraft minigame. If anybody has ever played Roblox, then they probably know about the game "Jailbreak". I am trying to build that sort of a minigame in minecraft, and then host a server, in which people can play the game.

Those who don't know about the way the game works, there are 2 teams basically. One is the Prisoners and the other is Police. You can join either side. The police have access to all the buildings in the city, and have keycards to open any and every door. Prisoners spawn inside the prison, and have find routes to escape. There will be exit routes. The main goal is simple. Be on the grind for in game cash. Criminals (escaped prisoners) have to rob banks, airport, museum, trains, etc. to get money. Police have to arrest the criminals, (here they have to kill) and they get their bounty.
There will be various weapons, and vehicles.

This is a huge project, and I cannot do this individually, so if anybody is willing to help me out. Please notify me in the comments.

I will need:

1. Good Builders
2. Redstone expert
3. Datapack and Plugin Coder.
4. Modeller/Designer
5. A person who has extensive knowledge on server hosting.

NOTE: This is no payment job. And I am doing just because I like doing these stuff. Anybody interested please notify me.
BlazingObsidian
Level 46 : Master Nerd

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/18/2021 10:48 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Network
Gamenight999474
I have good knowledge on server hosting, but here I see some problems/need more info:
1. First of all this is no new idea. Cops and crims are on many servers already
2. and because of that you need features other servers don’t have (so more than just bounty’s, robbing, and keycards)
3. Hosting costs money so how do you plan to cover that cost?
4. is this going to be the only game on your server?
05/19/2021 3:03 am
BlazingObsidian
I know that Cops and crims minigames exist on a lot of servers
Therefore I have devised a few plans:

1. There would be more than one map. Players get to choose which map they want to play in.
2. I am thinking about the Point (2) you mentioned. So, I have planned to create a datapack that will add more weapons to the game, so players would need to grind for. The robberies would be made super interesting and engaging. Maybe make them such that they are difficult, yet not impossible. Also, the players would need to keep a lot in mind, much more than PvP/PvE, parkour, and brain power. Things like reaction speed, team work, etc. would also need to applied by the players.
3. I am not really extremely concerned about the hosting part, right now. I am rather giving more priority to the map and models creation, but I am thinking about the hosting.
4. As I said, there would be more than just one map. So, Yes and No. There could potentially be more games in the future. As of now, the current project is a huge undertaking.
05/19/2021 9:00 pmhistory
Gamenight999474
Cool
1. nice but I would tier it with the items/ranks
2. nice idea with the extra items. Also can you explain more in depth about how robberies will go?
3. Probably best, but still more important than I think you think. But I can help a lot with that.
4. I would then suggest to make a lobby just in case.
More Q’s:
1. Are there cells/houses that the player can rent and build in?
2. Are there public mines/arenas?
3. Are there 1v1 duels?
4. Is there a lottery?
5. Can you explain robbery’s in depth and give examples?
6. Will there be a texture pack? Will it be custom?
7. Do you already have planned out cosmetics?
8. Do you want me to finally finish? (Joke)
9. I wonder how long I can go on without loseing your interest...
10. Longer?
11. Oaky I am done now
12. How do you keep falling for this?
13. Will there be AIs?
14. Will there be epicness?
15. Can I join your team?
05/22/2021 5:10 am
BlazingObsidian
Answers to Questions (Thanks for the suggestions)
1. Yes there will be jail cells. But Prisoners cant change it. (Cuz its a prison). The escapees can buy houses, and since this is in adventure mode, they cant exactly build stuff. But I have an idea, to open a store (accessible by any and everyone) so using in game currency, they can buy Pre fursnished houses. Not extremely customisable. But we'll see if any changes can be made.
2. There will be, surely. As you see, there will be mines/farms in jail for the prisoners to work.
3. Umm, didn't think about that. But, will see.
4. I have made the prototype system for a random player to chosen every (in game) week, and would be given some huge amount of in game cash.
5. I really don't want to do that here. I could do it in a DM probably. Cuz I am paranoid about my ideas being stolen. No offense. I could private message you if you want.
6. Yes! Every different map will have a custom pack. Like, in the generic city map, the bows and crossbows will be changed to guns, arrows to bullets. Wooden Swords to batons, Iron swords to daggers, and diamond swords to machettes? I have a lot of plans. So lets see.
7.What do you specifically mean by cosmetics.
8. Yes and no
9. I am extremely patient
10. I am patient
11. Cool
12. IDK
13. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
14. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
15. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS (Sure, its pretty lonely. :) )

Sorry if I was late to reply. I had a few engagements.
05/22/2021 9:29 pm
Gamenight999474
First of all lol, second of all I will DM you my response
05/17/2021 9:29 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
Lines09
Hey, I am a great redstoner and also strive in building!
05/17/2021 10:18 am
BlazingObsidian
That's awesome! Please DM me ASAP.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome