[Suggestion] Most Popular This Week/Month Section

mischajay's Avatar mischajay6/1/13 11:38 am
1 emeralds 152 4
6/2/2013 6:57 am
Geppetto's Avatar Geppetto
This Idea came to my mind and I thought I should share it and hear your opinions about it. The way it would work is pretty much self-explainatory, any submission that isn't older than 7/28 days would appear on it, sorted by popularity.

Reasoning behind that is so submissions have a better chance of getting noticed over a longer period of time. The problem I see with the current system is that e.g. skins cannot get much more than 1.000 views due to the rather short time that they are on it. After they're gone from the popular-reel, they kinda enter a limbo. Sure, they still get views, but especially for the skins I consider extremely good, it's kind of a shame that they only have some kind of "15 minutes of fame". I'd welcome to see something a little more consistent for the very good submissions.

Maybe even make it possible to see which submissions have been the most popular in certain periods of time, e.g. "Most popular Projects in March 2013".

Useless idea? Too much work, too little outcome? Good idea, but many problems come with it? Please go ahead and tell me what you think.
mischajay
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Skinner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/02/2013 6:57 am
Level 30 : Artisan Cake
Geppetto
I really like your idea.
Personally, I think a "This month most popular" section would really add more possibilities for beeing "recognized", since interested people could browse through the more popular (and most of the time) and better made uploads.
As Battery above said, you just have to chose a way of deciding about popularity;
but I think the normal PMC-method should work well.

As I don't really think there are ways to abuse this new category that can't be used in the normal "What's hot"-list, too, I support your idea from the fullest.
06/01/2013 11:57 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Ninja
xxxxBATTERYxxxx
It does seem like a good idea, the only alternative for things like skins to be noticed is if they get on the "What's hot" page. Otherwise you're right in saying that they will only be seen on "recently added" and that would be it. I think the main thing that would have to be decided on would be what counts as "popular" - would a popular upload be one that has the most views, or would the number of diamonds, downloads and favourites be accounted for as well, as they can also indicate quality of work, and if so, how would their smaller numbers be accounted for?

If "popular" can be made to account for other factors as well as number of views, it would be a pretty good collection of lists to add to help people get good work noticed over a week or a month.

Really good idea though, I hope it can be added.
06/01/2013 11:54 am
Level 32 : Artisan Electrician
RustyTurkeyBrain
Good idea.
06/01/2013 11:50 am
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Ludicrous
That, is a very good idea. And I see no flaws.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome