N3DS button isses

Anxiety Opossum's Avatar Anxiety Opossum2/29/16 10:28 pm
1 emeralds 467 8
3/1/2016 12:47 pm
Latiodile's Avatar Latiodile
I've been using my n3DS for almost a year, now, when all of a sudden it's acting like the ZR button is constantly being pressed. I went inside it, and cleaned the thing, and made sure that there weren't any hardware malfunctions, but it's still doing it. Any idea what to do? (I can't send it in for repairs.)
Anxiety Opossum
Level 74 : Legendary Pixel Painter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/01/2016 12:47 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
Hmm... try asking on gbatemp, they specialize in consoles pretty much... and they have much faster responses

(and not to mention it isnt a minecraft centered website)
03/01/2016 12:10 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
this has never happened to me... but try legitimately spamming the zr button and see if anything stops, could also be a defect... like, internally. the inner button contacts could be touching, therefor activating without the button.

Why can't you send it in?
There could be a few reasons for you to be unable to send it in for repairs, it's not under warranty anymore, you have one of the special ones with an IPS screen (nintendo would give you one in return with a TN screen) or you hacked it and don't want nintendo to update it...
03/01/2016 12:38 pm
Anxiety Opossum
I can't send it in because both the warranty is out, and I don't have the money. It definitely isn't a defect, it's been working for quite a while. I made sure that it wasn't activating when I took it apart, the actual button's fine, as is the contact.
03/01/2016 12:28 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Modder
guestds
try just pressing it repititively maybe? i had an issue like this once idk what and where and when but i do know i had this once and pressing it over and over fixed it so try that maybe?
02/29/2016 10:37 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Konrad
You could try opening my the 3ds and taking it apart until you get to the buttons maybe its sticking down on the inside? heres a tutorial how https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo+3 ... ement/6062
02/29/2016 10:43 pm
Anxiety Opossum
literally just said that I went inside and cleaned it.
03/01/2016 9:33 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Konrad
Yes i know that but did you take everything apart and check the buttons and also try wipping the keys with a wet qtip and try maybe that works on my ps4 and xbox controllers.
03/01/2016 9:47 am
Anxiety Opossum
Yeah. I disassembled the triggers, cleaned the parts, and put them back together. (the thing actually looks pretty cool inside.)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome