Need help making custom modpack!

The Gaming Mouse's Avatar The Gaming Mouse7/19/14 11:38 am
1 emeralds 353 5
7/21/2014 1:03 pm
The Gaming Mouse's Avatar The Gaming Mouse
I'm wanting to make a custom modpack for my server, but I don't know how to do it properly. I've tried a few times to mod Minecraft and when I try, it fails. I currently have 31 mods that I want to use in the modpack.

Here is the full list of mods I want to use :
http://fxcraft-home.enjin.com/forum/m/21001174/viewthread/13185658-modded-server

If anyone knows how to make custom modpacks and is willing to help, PLEASE! Help will be greatly appreciated! (even walking me through modding via skype)
The Gaming Mouse
Level 17 : Journeyman Taco

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/21/2014 1:03 pm
The Gaming Mouse
Thanks! That website helped a lot. Now how do I put it on a server? Right now it's client side. My friends and I want to use the mod pack on our server.
07/19/2014 12:27 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Pixel Painter
Kioki
use this website http://www.skydaz.com/ it has custom installers that will install it along with forge if you dont already have it
07/19/2014 12:04 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
timiosparklz
what you can do Is

1. Install forge
2. Download each mod you want, and make sure they can all run ok (load up a test world)
3. Get your mods folder (with all the mods in it), copy it into another folder, zip that folder up, and post it to your website telling everyone playing with you to install forge and copy the mods folder into .minecraft. (If you want a special config for the pack to, put your config folder with just the mods from the mod pack in the zip folder and tell them to put all the files into .minecraft)

There you go! Also If it is a public server make sure to look at permissions from all the mods! But if it is private no worrying.
07/19/2014 11:53 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Necromancer
Hydraheads
Well, the first thing to do is check that all the mods are for the same version.
Secondly, you'll want to install forge or modloader. (Forge is much more popular, few mods are made anymore for modloader.) Then you have a few options.
1. Technic Format
2. Other modpack launchers such as feed the beast
3. Normal Forge

Under the assumption you are using 3, you first should make a copy of all save files, server ips, and resource packs to avoid possible corruption. Go to the forge website and download a forge installer for the version you want.

After installing forge, create a folder named "mods". Drag all the mods in and test them out one at a time. Make sure each one doesn't crash the game in any way. If they do there may be an incompatibility. If the game crashes from ids, then navigate to the mod's configure file and change them. Specific ids are found in the ID conflict document.

Make sure to install mods that other mods say they require. Lastly, if you have a public server, you can ask each mod maker for permission. If they don't respond within roughly 1-2 weeks, just credit them. If your server is private, permission is not at all necessary.

And there you go. Mod packing in a nutshell.
07/19/2014 12:22 pm
The Gaming Mouse
I don't know anything about modding. I don't know how to install anything. Every time I've tried to install Forge, somehow I fail and it doesn't work.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome