Need professional opinion on PC.

Corcustos's Avatar Corcustos12/8/15 6:10 pm
1 emeralds 380 5
12/10/2015 10:40 am
Leeberator's Avatar Leeberator
There have been a lot of threads relating to the general topic of searching for PC help. Here is yet another one. I'm just going to get to the point.

I'm confident that this low-budget PC will be decent enough for me, but I'm looking for some opinions from more experienced people. It's just something to fill-in for my toaster of a PC until I learn to build my own PC from custom parts.

Here is a link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883230030&cm_re=CyberpowerPC_Desktop_Computer_Gamer_Ultra_2227_AMD_FX-Series_FX-4300-_-83-230-030-_-Product

I'm not quite sure what's good and what's not. I've done some research, but it hasn't been helpful. I've heard about Nvidia's crashing reputation, but also about AMD's good reputation. With all of this in mind, I'm not sure. Another thing to note is that I'm going to be giving it an extra 2GB of RAM to start, then upgrading it to an extra 6GB-8GB. So totals of 6GB and 12GB may want to be kept in mind.

I would just like to know the usual. Approximate Minecraft FPS with and without the latest optifine. Can it run Skyrim on PC? Will W10 cause me too much of a problem? Stuff like that. At both levels of RAM, to be specific. All help is appreciated. Thanks.

~Corcustos
Corcustos
Level 37 : Artisan Grump

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/09/2015 11:06 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Crafter
elfin8er
Not really an expert, but I'll try to give you some help with a bit of what I know.

First off, it's almost always a good idea to build a computer yourself if you feel comfortable with doing so. You mentioned putting in some RAM yourself, so you seem to at least be comfortable with opening your computer and doing minor maintenance. In most cases, you can get a lot better bang for you buck. At least keep that open as an option if you're comfortable with it.

Second, you mentioned about putting in your own ram at some point. RAM works best when they're paired with similar RAM. Keep that in mind when you upgrade your RAM. It'd be better to go with two 4gb DDR3 than 2gb and 4gb sticks.

Lastly, if you're going to be playing mostly Minecraft, it may be worth looking into getting a computer with an APU instead of a video card, and then upgrading to a video card at a later time. You can invest more money in the CPU which *should* give you a performance boost in Minecraft. However, games like Skyrim (which I see you mentioned) would see a performance drop.

Like I said, I'm not really a pro, and may be wrong in a few cases, so it'd probably be worth getting a second opinion.
12/09/2015 10:58 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
How much do you want to spend? If the PC in your post represents your max budget, you're best off with a used/refurbished Alienware Alpha from eBay. The base model can be found for well under $400 and is overkill for Minecraft.
12/09/2015 10:51 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Grump
Corcustos
Bump. Really need the opinions.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome