Need new headset, advice?

Sergeant Sarcasm's Avatar Sergeant Sarcasm1/30/16 1:44 pm
1 emeralds 259 2
1/30/2016 2:26 pm
Sergeant Sarcasm's Avatar Sergeant Sarcasm
So a few months ago I ordered a pair of Sentey Arches GS-4731 and it had a small short right out of the box. I was dumb enough not to return it, but sure enough, it got WAY worse. My mic light went out, audio started cutting out making it sound like someone was crumpling thousands of paper bags next to my ear, and according to my friends, my mic would occasionally fuck up and make a sound like I was in the middle of a snow storm. Loud enough to activate voice detection on TS, actually.

So I got pretty upset, because this was a nice pair of headphones. Great audio quality and everything, just died way too quickly. So I ordered a pair of Turtle Beach Ear Force Recon 50's, and guess what? It had a short straight out of the box. Even worse than the one that my Sentey Arches had. Not to mention, it's not USB so I could have predicted this, but I can't use both the mic or the headset at the same time. There's no mic and headset input/output right next to each other on my desktop.
Yes, I'm returning these. I'm upset. Sentey and Turtle Beach have let me down.

I don't know what my budget will be, but I got both for $40. Hopefully if I get my money back, it will be about $50. If I don't, it will be $10. And that means I won't be able to get a headset, because any $10 headset will not be worth it. I'd rather keep my Sentey Arches and continue using that instead. Any suggestions?
Sergeant Sarcasm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Lumberjack