Network-Server Adding

Spy Jay's Avatar Spy Jay9/7/17 4:01 am
1 emeralds 129 4
9/8/2017 4:26 pm
Spy Jay's Avatar Spy Jay
Planet Minecraft is arguably the most popular server supporting site, it includes the option to comment feedback on a server page, voting, domain name support, an updates page to keep your server boosted on what's new, and even the option to add a limited amount of photos to show people what to expect when joining the server, attracting players easier, correct?

Well, this is a suggestion that would be very helpful to people who own networks.

You see, we have a limited amount of photos to throw down on our page, but what if we own a network with multiple servers & we want to breakdown every single server on our network? 10-15 photos is not enough to do that job.

PMC Should add a Network Server adding, where you basically make one big page, you can make an overall description of your network at the top where the banner/logo would be, and about a 6-10 picture limit for each individual server, and a small description to explain it. Me personally, I own a network with several Roleplay servers that isn't explained well enough in the description without photos to back it up. This would be perfect for people with up to 6 mini-games on their server, right?

It's against the PMC rules to upload each individual server if it is under the same IP, so how about we avoid breaking that rule with the ability to break down all of the servers in our Bungeecords/Networks much more efficiently?

I'm open to discuss this more in the comment section of this thread, and hopefully a PMC Developer will notice & consider it.
Spy Jay
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Lad

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/07/2017 9:26 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Devil's advocate time.

Networks are servers. Part of this is caused by the fact most networks aren't even networks, but I digress. Even a true network is under a single banner. I don't define how the system operates, but the way I see it, the page is so people get a basic idea of what you're doing when they're browsing. It's not a section for an in-depth explanation. You could link to a gallery or a more thorough explanation elsewhere; but that page is just a summary of what you have to offer. You can fit an awful lot of content in small spaces; the trick is condensing your offerings enough to be an interesting taste so people will check out your server for more.

So no, I don't think a network, especially one that isn't massive, should get special treatment over any other server in that regard.
09/07/2017 3:34 pm
Spy Jay
Your opinion is 10/10, and I respect that. However, the only thing I can say to that is in-depth is not needed only for things simple as mini-games. You could add a picture of a epic sky wars battle, a new crate menu for Capture The Flag, etc. This is easy because it's things people are familiar with. On the other hand, when it comes to things aren't as simple, it's not that easy, think about all the new mini-games coming out nearly every 2 weeks. Every time a mini-game or server gamemode is officially released a new one is in beta to become the next big thing, eventually it will become not enough to explain in order to get interesting.

In other words, not everything is that simple to summarize, especially with a lot of effort put into it.
09/08/2017 9:59 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Perhaps it isn't easy every time, except, based on the premise I'm coming from (the assumption people are coming to get an idea, not an explanation) that's what you should attempt anyways. It's all well and good you spent a bunch of time on a concept, yet the idea isn't to a) go on about the effort you put in b) brag about it by detailing every custom feature or c) heavily explain a feature in the pitch of the server itself so people know what's going on. I believe links are allowed to, say, your server's site that details mechanics. Otherwise what's presented is something for people to browse through and catch onto before going to the next possible dozen servers down the line..
09/08/2017 4:26 pm
Spy Jay
Thats the thing, some people would come for an explanation, some people would come for an idea. So both features should be added.

I don't want this feature to heavily explain, brag about detail, nor go on and on about effort we included, I want it so more servers can be pointed out better. Some servers don't have websites and can't get a website for certain reasons.

I understand what you mean though.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome