New ideas to encourage NewComers

1UPMiner's Avatar 1UPMiner4/28/12 12:08 pm
1 emeralds 111 1
4/28/2012 12:52 pm
kenniks's Avatar kenniks
So is it just me or is Planetminecraft skin reel just the same old thing
3 Great skinners always having their skins on it, and then the occasional 2 skins made by someone different. Now don't get me wrong, i love the skins and i'm fine with them being there, i just feel we need More skins on the reel, we have about 5 now, how about 10 because everyone deserves a chance to get on the reel if they put enough effort into them.
Another idea is to have a section on one of the Tabs Called "Tutorials" Where people like Sneeze7, Niko_r, Studnicky.... etc can give Tutorials on skinning.
For Example:
I Click on Sneeze7 tutorial on say... Shading. I can then post the link to my Skin that i used his Technique So he and others learning this can Give feedback.

Also For people who like to see where they are on the Leaderboards they should be able to tick Boxes in the profile section but they have choices like (do you want everyone to see it, or just yourself) or you don't have to have it at all
Example:

1UpMiner
[Pretend Avatar]

[Pretend Description]

Skin Leaderboards: 16
Level Leaderboards: 169
Texturepack Leaderboards: 468
Blog Leaderboards: [User has not shown]
Mod Leaderboards [User has not shown]

I really thought these ideas through thoroughly, so i would appreciate some feedback or ideas you would think would help New comers

-1UP
1UPMiner
Level 58 : Grandmaster Dragonborn