New passwords

qwerty13's Avatar qwerty1312/29/12 7:00 pm
12/29/2012 7:36 pm
Paril's Avatar Paril
I don't think PMC should have THAT many requirements

PLZ change it back i already have forgotten my new password
qwerty13
Level 29 : Expert Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/29/2012 7:36 pm
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
Many of the requirements were removed. They were added as a precaution but it is apparent now that it isn't required.

-P
12/29/2012 7:26 pm
Level 45 : Master Princess
vinyl-ripp
Locked, for obvious reasons.

Everyone changing their passwords would create a huge advantage over hackers. If you followed what Zaralith posted, you would also be educated on how to create super strong and protected passwords. You could use this knowledge and apply it to other accounts you have on other sites, and make yourself more secure against hackers.

Also, look at other factors, changing all passwords would lower the amount of spam bots (bots which advertise TV shows, etc) on this site. People wouldn't want to go through the hassle of creating new passwords and going through multiple emails to set up the bot again.
12/29/2012 7:14 pm
Level 28 : Expert Scribe
Xamboldore
And you act with no gratitude that these people forced us to make our accounts more secure. I'd much rather act like I am acting now than be a rebel for the sake of it like you are acting.

If you'd understand that a lot of people have the same passwords for a lot of things, you'd agree that this change was important.

And for goodness sake, can't you just properly read my paragraph @maxgdpx and realise that I said that you should take steps to remember it. Write it down.
12/29/2012 7:18 pm
qwerty13
ya but i don't want to have to look at a stupid piece of paper to log in i want to be able to make a password that i can REMEMBER.

and you can make a secure password without restrictions

and rebeling is not acting up its standing for something that you feel important
12/29/2012 7:09 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Explorer
Zemor
What seems more logical here- changing your password for account security, or the risk of not only your minecraft account, but possibly even your email account, being breached?
12/29/2012 7:11 pm
Level 25 : Expert Network
RiotShielder
Accounts are getting breached by Mojangs, poor security, not PMC's
12/29/2012 7:13 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Explorer
Zemor
But what you're failing to see is that a lot of PMC users are under the age of 12, and a lot of them most likely use the same password for multiple things. Minecraft password loss could lead to email loss.

And take a look at this blog, explains it very nicely.http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/cre ... passwords/
12/29/2012 7:08 pm
Level 28 : Expert Scribe
Xamboldore
Do I want my password to be less secure again? No. If you're complaining, then I am shocked. These people just worked their butts off to get this secure for you. People got hacked, people!

If you just can't remember your password, store it in your email. Write it down. Put some effort into the security of your account.

And it is going to work. What possibly makes you think it will fail?
12/29/2012 7:12 pm
qwerty13
i dident say that i dont want it to be sucure i just want to be able to create a password that i will be able to remember and be sucure
12/29/2012 7:10 pm
Level 25 : Expert Network
RiotShielder
You act like they did ANYTHING on their side to make your password more secure. All they did was add restrictions, if they reverted it then you can still keep your "Strong" password, but it won't effect others.
12/29/2012 7:03 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Engineer
Rawwk
Creating a new thread against this is rather useless, and going to get locked.

Try posting here : http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/cre ... passwords/
12/29/2012 7:05 pm
qwerty13
i just wanted to show that i don think the new password system is going to work
12/29/2012 7:02 pm
Level 26 : Expert Geek
RoboSharks
It's at your email..and recently people have been hacked on PMC. If you have forgot the password then send a forgot password to your email. Then go into your profile then change the password to the way you want it.
12/29/2012 7:02 pm
Level 23 : Expert Modder
marx5555
yea i agree i think its annoying
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome