New to any Forums looking for some guideance

onelungx's Avatar onelungx2/18/18 6:39 am
3 emeralds 208 8
2/18/2018 4:21 pm
ShelLuser's Avatar ShelLuser
Hey again guys! Onelung here trying to get some Discussions going but i have read most all the different forum channel rules and guidelines but had received an infraction on my first day here so am trying to be a little more cautious about my post and where i post specific things! I mostly play / stream Minecraft so most of my post i think will be under there, but some input im seeking from the public may not be from minecrafters at all really! if some basic tips could be given it would be greatly appreciated but i do have a particular topic in mind atm i dont know where i should properly post and what is acceptable to discuss on the matter... im wanting to share some of my ideas for future stream or youtube and also take suggestions from all people on what they might sit and watch... please help ease my mind and steer me in the right direction!
onelungx
Level 13 : Journeyman Taco

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/18/2018 4:21 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
What I always go by on many fora I attend is: "Treat others as you'd want to have them treat you. And use a little common sense when doing so!".

I never bother myself with rules too much, I simply act to the best of my abilities and leave things at that. Like so many others I also have my bad moments, well, I simply try not to turn those into bad moments for others. That's where common sense comes in.

So my advice would be not to focus too much on those rules, but more so on their intent. The intent of any forum rules or such are to ensure that we all can enjoy ourselves. Well, start by trying to make sure things stay enjoyable and you should be just fine.
02/18/2018 8:25 am
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
if you need some help with how to use the forums etc you are more than welcome to drop me or any of the other forum mods a pm, its what we are here for.

its easy to not be infracted on the forums, follow our rules and be a nice person

you can post about your youtube/twitch/ in our youtube section, so when creating a thread under "post thread to" if you start typing youtube an option for it will popup
02/18/2018 9:01 am
onelungx
awesome thank you for the reply!
02/18/2018 6:43 am
onelungx
also is it ok for me to share private information about myself to help others get a feel for me as a personish... like age, sex, job, things of that nature
02/18/2018 9:38 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
I don't think you should share any of those things. It is up to you, but it is not safe nor secure. My policy is to completely split the minecraft world from the real world; age and job are pieces of personal information that make it easier for people to find you if they really want to. But, it is your call. Sex doesn't really matter, feel free to say it - and people can lie so easily about it that it may not even matter.

Don't be way, way too concerned about posting in the wrong forum, the mods here are not that bad :p

As for anything else, I suppose you'd have to ask (like you asked in this comment). The discussions forum (this one) can be a pretty good place to get a conversation going once every so often.
02/18/2018 9:58 am
onelungx
hahahaha i would pay someoen to steal my identity holy crap no one wants to be me so i dont worry about tat too much really, mostly didnt wanna break rules in here is all hehe im tempted to post a pic of my 30 year old ass just so folks can get a laugh! any ways i do appreciate the input on my threads, i was skeptical about the site at first and didnt expect to gain much from it but so far im impressed and think ill stick around and pick yal brains for a bit 8 )
02/18/2018 3:51 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Your mileage may vary, but there's a surviving mature side to the MC community. A little luck and you should find it pretty easily.
02/18/2018 8:27 am
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
yes you can, its up to you if you want them on the internet, we generally advise people not to post personal information like their address, phone number, full name etc, you know what the internet can be like with stuff like that, sharing things like what you work as or what country/city you are from is fine, if you post any personal information and later regret it, you can either edit your post to remove it or get one of the forum team to remove it for you
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome