Planet Minecraft: Forums unveiled.

imanamazinghuman's Avatar imanamazinghuman9/2/13 10:08 am
1 emeralds 305 6
9/2/2013 10:38 am
imanamazinghuman's Avatar imanamazinghuman
Here on Planet Minecraft, the forums are what made PMC, a place of interest. I have heard many people tell me that the forums are a "messy, dirty, dumb place". Now, I may be the only one to think like this... But I think the forums have a lot of potential. I may be the only one, but I know the forums can be "re-vamped". The following ideas are mine, and if you dont like them... Guess what? You don't have to!

With all that stuff out of the way, the ideas are going to be listed below: Enjoy!

Here on Planet Minecraft, we started as a Forum website for minecraft. Much like Minecraft Forums. We expanded into Servers, blogs, skins, builds, and much, much more. But somehow I feel the forums have been forgotten. Because of this, they need to be revamped.

1.) For my first idea, I think is the most simple idea. It is to just clear some access spam, and maybe editing a few sub forums.

2.)Reduce, Reuse, Re-instate. Reduce: Reduce the amount of Spam and Advertisements on the forums; Reuse: Reuse the old design. It worked, and there is nothing to be changed; Re-instate: The forums are in need of a rule check. The rules need to change, just like Planet Minecraft has been changing.

3.) For the Third idea, I would say to not change a thing. I know it is a little bit of a stupid idea, but I thought I might as well add this one.

Well, that is the end of the ideas. I am sure that later on I will have more ideas, but for now.... This is it. I hope you enjoyed some of my ideas ... Maybe some of this will happen?
imanamazinghuman
Level 3 : Apprentice Taco

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/02/2013 10:35 am
Level 36 : Artisan Network
Charlizard
A lot of this has already happened and/or isn't very helpful. The forums contain little to no spam and the rather large amount of forum reports are dealt with nearly immediately by site and forum moderators. We have more than enough moderators for the time being and it'd be stupid to bring in any more so soon after promotions.

I don't really understand what you mean by the rules need to change. Sure, they aren't perfect (hence them being rewritten constantly to deal with new changes in society/minecraft) but they have been working for the past 3 years.

Having the forums closed for a day or 2 will cause more problems than it would solve. Impatient members would get rowdy and would end up clogging up the chat/site even more than they already are. Also, who's to say all mods would even work on the forums in those two days? A lot of mods have full time jobs which could inconvinience their amount of time available in these selected 2 days. A lot of the younger mods also are starting up school again now and have much less time to put into PMC in said 2 days.

I do agree with you that the forums are rather messy and dumb, but we're doing the best we can. We're all volunteers using our free time to help out on this site. We enforce the rules and no more. We aren't going to remove a thread because it looks ugly or because it has incorrect grammar as neither of those are stated in the rules. We aren't the ones to blame here; members that refuse to follow/read the rules are. We're doing all that's in our power to banish those members but there seems to be an endless string of them attatched to the game.
09/02/2013 10:38 am
imanamazinghuman
Just to clear something up, I was never saying this was anyones fault... I was just giving my perspective, and saying what I think would help...
09/02/2013 10:18 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Engineer
robotprobot
Here's a link to actually contact PlanetMinecraft.
Maybe send it to them?
http://www.planetminecraft.com/contact/
09/02/2013 10:24 am
imanamazinghuman
Okay, I will! Thanks
09/02/2013 10:11 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Engineer
robotprobot
I think this would help the forums a lot.
09/02/2013 10:15 am
imanamazinghuman
Oh, Thanks!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome