PMC REQUESTS

MrJohnson5's Avatar MrJohnson54/17/13 8:38 pm
4/17/2013 11:54 pm
Cipher_Punk's Avatar Cipher_Punk
I have decided to post a few PMC Requests that I have been thinking about, Perhaps a moderator should look into them, because I think these would help the Community greatly.

Rules Appear when a new account is created

One of the biggest reason that people get a spanking from Paril, is because they simply did not read the rules when creating their account. I find that the rules are too hard to Access and Difficult to find.
So here's the Idea:
When a new account is created, a box appears on screen, stopping you from accessing any of the PMC site until you read the Rules, A bit like a survey, but its not trying to scam your money.
Once you read the rules, the site will automatically unlock, and you will be able to proceed to the Site.
This would be a great idea from the Community and Planet minecraft, and would help out everyone a lot, because they would have the chance to read the rules, and perhaps lower the chance of rule-breakers.

The Ability to add Friends

Friends is Something that I believe Planet Minecraft is Lacking.
So how it should work is:
There would be an option on everyone's Profile that says: "Add as Friend"

When you add someone as a Friend they would have a different colored name and would appear on your Friends list.

And how about, When you Friend someone, you can start a Private chat With them, Like the Main chat in PMC but in another Window in a small box. This would be great because that means you do not have to send a private message to them, and they would hear a beep, so they could reply instantly.
In general, this would be great for people who want to quickly have a conversation with each other on planet minecraft.

Only bump a post every 2 Updates

What can I say? People want more Views on their posts or mods or Projects, So they Abuse the Update Log by Posting lots of Updates just to bump their Post. Although, only bumping the post every 2 Updates will lower the amount of people doing this.
EDIT: I realize that this will affect people with Legit Update Logs. I guess Problems Like this cannot be Fixed..

A better way to manage Contests

Now, I'm not complaining or anything, but often a contest that is on the first page, and actually looks good wins. Why? Because Thousands of people would have seen this, But what about the Posts on the Second or Third page? Don't they get a shot at being in the spotlight? No. That is why winning contests is so Unbalanced.
PMC Sorts its Contests out like this: The last Entry's posted are First, and the Fist Posted are last. Now this has to Change!
PMC Should Automatically Shuffle the Entry's every 5 Minutes So that the Other Entry's, not just the ones posted last, Get a chance to be on the First Page. I IMPLORE YOU, Take upon this Request, For this is the Most important. I am sick of the Entry's on the First page winning and not the ones on the Second of third page.

I hope a Moderator, Admin or Staff of Major importance reads this. Because these are some Really great requests, that would really help out the Community of Planet Minecraft a lot.

Thanks for reading this.
Let me know what you think.
MrJohnson5
Level 43 : Master Modder

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/17/2013 11:33 pm
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
As I've stated many times before, our server is in fact over-qualified for PMC (it is more powerful than we need) - the problem with our downtime is not related to the speed of our server, but rather uncontrollable circumstances.

Abusing the update log to bump is against the rules anyways; report submissions that do that and they will be dealt with accordingly. Note that submissions only bump every day anyways, no matter how many update logs you enter.

-P
04/17/2013 11:42 pm
MrJohnson5
Thanks for reading Paril
By the way, I dont mean to be pushy on you adding any of these, but it would be great if you could forward this onto Cyprezz.
04/17/2013 9:54 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Pig
Greytopher
No, he's right. There technically IS a 'add friends' type of deal, just not the one that you would think. Think of it more of 'I like this person, so he's added to my "good" list.' It doesn't really do anything, I just use it to put people I think are my friends/people that I'm acquainted with.
04/17/2013 10:01 pm
MrJohnson5
Okay, My idea is sorta more like Steam Friends. You can click add as Friend, although the person who you want to add must accept the Request. And when added you can send Private Chat messages to them.
Thanks for letting me know.
04/17/2013 9:42 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Network
IgnoreMyPostsIwas10
They already have a friends system, don't they?
04/17/2013 9:46 pm
MrJohnson5
Nope, Subscribers.
04/17/2013 9:53 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Network
IgnoreMyPostsIwas10
But somewhere deep in "My Account" I've found "Friends and Foes" list before.
04/17/2013 10:12 pm
MrJohnson5
Yeah, I think I have seen that before, I dont know what its really used for though. I guess its to sort your Friends from your Foes.
04/17/2013 9:28 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
lizax
I like the Friends idea XD It seems nice and lots of other sites have it. I see no cons about it only that with it that both users have to accept the request or else some people might add others and they wont even know and be like, "wtf?"

Best regards,
-Lizax
04/17/2013 9:39 pm
MrJohnson5
Thanks, and yeah, I guess both Friends would have to accept
04/17/2013 9:15 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Cake
CalPal_
I LOVE all of these I ideas. Though, I must agree with Vrej. The bump every 2nd update could effect people who use the update log legitimately. Maybe once you hit a certain level that goes away? (Wow, that seems to come up as a solution to all problems. Yet, is never perfect.) but... is there ever a perfect solution to a problem? Meh.

-MGB
04/17/2013 9:22 pm
MrJohnson5
Yeah, Other than what you suggested, This is a difficult problem to fix.
04/17/2013 9:06 pm
MrJohnson5
Thanks for the Feedback guys
04/17/2013 8:59 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Engineer
WaterNode
I vouch for this. It's a fantastic bundle of ideas.
04/17/2013 8:57 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Turtle
McJJH
My request: Better servers!
04/17/2013 10:26 pm
MrJohnson5
They are working on it!
04/17/2013 8:59 pm
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Nether Knight
Vrezh
we are in the process of upgrading our servers.
04/17/2013 9:11 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Turtle
McJJH
Hopefully the people know what there getting ready to handle ;P
04/17/2013 9:13 pm
MrJohnson5
I find the rants on the downtime of the PMC servers Amusing.
04/17/2013 8:57 pm
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Nether Knight
Vrezh
Only bumping the post every second update is not fair on people with legit update logs, I like the friends feature idea though
04/17/2013 11:26 pm
MrJohnson5
Yeah, I guess problems like this just cannot be fixed.
04/17/2013 9:10 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Geek
Z645
Can't moderators handle this? Like.. this is what they've been promoted for.
04/17/2013 11:54 pm
Level 80 : Elite Grump
Cipher_Punk
The primary purpose of the moderation staff is to keep the site a friendly and interesting place for new visitors. We strive to come up with ways to improve the site and the experience we offer. Dealing with people breaking out site rules isn't specifically why we are site staff - it's a side-task, really.

We prefer proactive strategies to reactive strategies. Creating new 'work' for ourselves is not an objective. Instead we seek to find ways to reduce the amount of things we have to deal with manually.
04/17/2013 8:54 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Engineer
Lucargia
I agree!
04/17/2013 8:50 pm
Level 26 : Expert Archer
WDM_Shredz
Guess what....................................................

I completely agree.......
04/17/2013 8:45 pm
Level 42 : Master uwu
mrjrbacon
Those are very good ideas.
04/17/2013 8:39 pm
Level 25 : Expert Nerd
TRNZ
Most of the PMC staff have got hundreds of requests like this, so they know, but I like your ideas!
04/17/2013 8:43 pm
MrJohnson5
Yes, they have probably got a lot.
Thanks
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome