PMC steals your content?

lee_louis's Avatar lee_louis11/18/14 7:42 pm
11/18/2014 9:47 pm
Johnanater's Avatar Johnanater
I read that if you get banned perminantly on pmc, or you delete your account, your stuff remains on the site, only youre not told about this... So YOUR content is no longer in your control. If you want to take it off downloads you cant, or moderate the comments, or add to the downloads or change a link............

So planet minecraft keeps your content but hasnt told people this?
Which is why the site statistics arent much lower.
lee_louis
Level 20 : Expert Prince

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Johnanater
11/18/2014 9:47 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Taco
hospitaljunk13
Azie
Expanding on this, we also have access to "deleted" submissions for the sake of record-keeping and proof in the case of a ban.

Even more proof that PMC is in cahoots with the illuminati.....

Lolz

There is 2 pages on this post, and there is 1 staff member on this post. equals 3... ILLUMINATI!!!!!!!
ArcaneGamer-
11/18/2014 9:45 pm
Level 29 : Expert Modder
Azie
Expanding on this, we also have access to "deleted" submissions for the sake of record-keeping and proof in the case of a ban.

Even more proof that PMC is in cahoots with the illuminati.....
Azie
11/18/2014 8:28 pm
She/Her • Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump Pokemon
Sidtom
I believe you can also request to get your account locked if you didn't really read the rules and made a second account before you knew that you couldn't.

Your second account would be locked without you having to ask, seeing as how you're only allowed one. That lock/ban would also come with the removal of all submissions on the account.

Generally, if the person doesn't have a moderation history, we can allow you to choose which account your want and lock the one that you don't want. If you've been banned or warned before though, you probably will just be told to return to your original account and the alt will be locked.

SpeedyIf you're talking about how moderators still have access to the submission once it's off the site, it's there just in case someone really needs it for something or you want to bring it back.

Speedy
11/18/2014 8:24 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Blob
If you're talking about how moderators still have access to the submission once it's off the site, it's there just in case someone really needs it for something or you want to bring it back.

Also, I think that when you upload a file to a site you're trusting that site to manage it however the site wants to manage it. If you're afraid PMC or any site is "stealing" your content then don't upload it.
sidtom
11/18/2014 8:23 pm
Level 26 : Expert Cowboy
AzieThere is not way to delete your account. The only way for you to not have access to your account is if you've done something really horrible and gotten your account locked by a Super Mod or higher.

I believe you can also request to get your account locked if you didn't really read the rules and made a second account before you knew that you couldn't.
Duckgod
11/18/2014 8:15 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Taco
Jontron stop gifs anybody?
Antlo
11/18/2014 8:02 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Network
AzieFirst of all, there isn't a way to delete your account. The only way for you to not have access to your account is if you've done something really horrible and gotten your account locked by a Super Mod or higher. (Edit: Also, forum bans dictate part of the login process for some reason, as far as I know, so they can prevent you from logging into your account on a new device.)

Secondly, bans don't prevent you from removing content you've posted from your account. Visit your account page and click the submission you want to manage to delete it. I've seen plenty of people quit the site after a ban and delete all their content.

Site use is a privilege. If you do something that causes the staff here to feel you no longer have that privilege, then yes, you won't be able to edit your content or otherwise post from the area you've been banned from. If you want your content removed, you can do so. You can also ask a staff member and we'll remove it for you. You act like we keep people's content because we're doing something malicious with it or something... We're not.

This.

One thing I recommend is making sure that your information is 100% correct before posting it on the forums, so nothing happens, such as arguments.

Edit - I was directing this to OP, not Azie <3
Azie
11/18/2014 7:56 pm
She/Her • Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump Pokemon
First of all, there isn't a way to delete your account. The only way for you to not have access to your account is if you've done something really horrible and gotten your account locked by a Super Mod or higher. (Edit: Also, forum bans dictate part of the login process for some reason, as far as I know, so they can prevent you from logging into your account on a new device.)

Secondly, bans don't prevent you from removing content you've posted from your account. Visit your account page and click the submission you want to manage to delete it. I've seen plenty of people quit the site after a ban and delete all their content.

Site use is a privilege. If you do something that causes the staff here to feel you no longer have that privilege, then yes, you won't be able to edit your content or otherwise post from the area you've been banned from. If you want your content removed, you can do so. You can also ask a staff member and we'll remove it for you. You act like we keep people's content because we're doing something malicious with it or something... We're not. You posted your content here, so yes, it'll stay here unless you delete it or a staff member deletes it.
Ghei
11/18/2014 8:12 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Archer
Foxy
11/18/2014 7:54 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Fox
Even if what you're saying is completely correct, wouldn't the obvious and logical solution be to just follow the rules so you won't be banned and end up in this situation?
It's not like everyone's destined to be banned at some point and PMC's just waiting to steal your content.
JoaoPauloC100
11/18/2014 7:53 pm
Level 27 : Expert Artist
If you get banned permanently from PMC you're not an angel, and you did something very wrong. They wouldn't ban you for no reason. Also, it's not stealing. You put the content there in first place.
500poundsofnothing
11/18/2014 7:51 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
lee_louisI read that if you get banned perminantly on pmc, or you delete your account, your stuff remains on the site, only youre not told about this... So YOUR content is no longer in your control. If you want to take it off downloads you cant, or moderate the comments, or add to the downloads or change a link............

So planet minecraft keeps your content but hasnt told people this?
Which is why the site statistics arent much lower.

If you delete a profile it says that it cannot be viewed if anyone clicks on it. the same is true with your posts, so they do keep it , only nobody can access it.
lee_louis
11/18/2014 7:49 pm
Level 20 : Expert Prince
Foxy
lee_louisI read that if you get banned perminantly on pmc, or you delete your account, your stuff remains on the site, only youre not told about this...

Welp...you seem to have found a place where they say it.
Soo...they do say it...although I'm not sure you're entirely correct.

Heard it from mods the other day. Where do they say it?
Jaynix1928
11/18/2014 7:46 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Wow...No offence, that is stupid.
Foxy
11/18/2014 7:44 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Fox
lee_louisI read that if you get banned perminantly on pmc, or you delete your account, your stuff remains on the site, only youre not told about this...

Welp...you seem to have found a place where they say it.
Soo...they do say it...although I'm not sure you're entirely correct.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome