Prevent mod stealing.

Kyle_Crafty's Avatar Kyle_Crafty7/13/11 10:50 am
7/20/2011 8:06 pm
SoulStealer's Avatar SoulStealer
When someone uploads a mod, it should be put up for review before it is released to prevent people uploading mods that aren't theirs =\
Kyle_Crafty
Level 53 : Grandmaster Unicorn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/20/2011 8:06 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Toast
SoulStealer
If anyone finds a stolen mod or any stolen material you should report it with that red flag button under the favorite button.
07/20/2011 7:59 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Wizard
Zaralith
No submission that is not the majority work of the submitter is allowed on PMC. My texture pack is ok for passing the two checks, I created a large portion of it, and the portion that I did not create was used with permission. The most important part of that is that I created a large portion of the submission. Having permission for a submission is just that you are allowed to modify it, not that you are allowed to post things that you did not create. We delete them even if they have written permission from the author to post here because the author needs to be the one posting the submission.
07/20/2011 7:18 am
Level 26 : Expert Miner
Excision
@Zaralith

But if they would have permission from the creators, it should be allowed?
On the other hand it does encourage other players to combine mods thinking it's allowed. (Without permission of course!)
07/19/2011 4:25 pm
Zaralith
The second kind of modpack (Yogcast style) is never an acceptable submission within the Mod section of PMC. You may post a Blog post about compatible mods (which someone has done in the past) but you may not post a combined pack in the mod section. I hope this clears things up. Permission is ignored for posting work that is not your own with the exception of getting permission from the original author to extend their work (see Zar's Awesome Pack for an example, which is an extension of DokuRPG with permission).
07/16/2011 1:55 pm
Excision
There are 2Types of Mod packs

Mod packs like zombe's mod pack who feature only his mods

And mod packs like the Yogscast mod pack who feature mods from different creators.

The second one is only allowed with permission from the creators and credit to those creators.
07/16/2011 9:11 am
Kyle_Crafty
But not if they are uploaded by people who didn't write them!

Modpacks ARE allowed if they follow a set of rules But I don't know the rules about releasing them here.
07/15/2011 4:47 pm
Excision
Well...There aren't a lot of Mods and the mods (Wait...What?) can use some activity! I mean checking them is a good thing!
07/14/2011 1:28 pm
Zaralith
Mod packs are not allowed unless it is something like the Zombe mod, which was built as a pack to begin with, and it was uploaded by the original creator
07/14/2011 9:59 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Skinner
IamNOTch
But yes, I have also seen a lot of copies. I just saw an identical match for TMI. (wtf?)
07/14/2011 9:59 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Skinner
IamNOTch
I know you just saw that one mod, but it was a mod pack. I think mod packs are different unless the O.C wants his to be distributed with whoever to enhance play.
07/14/2011 9:53 am
Kyle_Crafty
Seriously... This has to be dealt with
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome