Ranking system?

Starguy's Avatar Starguy1/26/14 10:20 pm
1 emeralds 367 6
1/27/2014 7:49 am
Starguy's Avatar Starguy
Hi guys how does the ranking up work like how did they make it when you get diamonds and views or stuff you get xp and when you get enough how does it rank you up??? and is it php css3 css mysql mysqli plz tell me
Starguy
Level 20 : Expert Ranger

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/27/2014 7:49 am
Starguy
Paril

It's a PHP module. It's referred to as PDO - PHP Data Objects.
http://www.php.net/manual/en/book.pdo.php

It supports almost all major database types, so it's extensible if you ever decide to move, and all goes through SQL-style syntax.

-P

thanks
01/26/2014 10:47 pm
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
Starguy
Paril
UMayBleedIt does use MySQL, but that is a database, MySQLi is not a database, it is an extension to PHP

Just FYI, MySQLi may not be a database per se but it is part of MySQL - it's a new set of APIs that are safer to use, but your SQL server has to expose them (it's not just a PHP thing). It's basically MySQL 2.0. I would recommend you use PDO, though, as it's essentially the most accessible database system to use.

-P

Pdo? can i have the name of it not the abbreviation of it? and i never heard of it

It's a PHP module. It's referred to as PDO - PHP Data Objects.
http://www.php.net/manual/en/book.pdo.php

It supports almost all major database types, so it's extensible if you ever decide to move, and all goes through SQL-style syntax.

-P
01/26/2014 10:32 pm
Starguy
Paril
UMayBleedIt does use MySQL, but that is a database, MySQLi is not a database, it is an extension to PHP

Just FYI, MySQLi may not be a database per se but it is part of MySQL - it's a new set of APIs that are safer to use, but your SQL server has to expose them (it's not just a PHP thing). It's basically MySQL 2.0. I would recommend you use PDO, though, as it's essentially the most accessible database system to use.

-P

Pdo? can i have the name of it not the abbreviation of it? and i never heard of it
01/26/2014 10:28 pm
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril

-P
01/26/2014 10:25 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Zombie
planetminecrafter52342
First off, The website is programmed in PHP, so yes that would be a part of it. It does use MySQL, but that is a database, MySQLi is not a database, it is an extension to PHP. CSS and Css3 is just styling formatting for websites.

Couldn't tell you have the leveling thing is though.
01/26/2014 10:28 pm
Starguy
im just wondering how that works and i know its php and read this

The MySQLi Extension (MySQL Improved) is a relational database driver used in the PHP programming language to provide an interface with MySQL databases.
MySQLi is an improved version of the older PHP MySQL driver, offering various benefits.[1]
The developers of the PHP programming language recommend using MySQLi when dealing with MySQL server versions 4.1.3 and newer (takes advantage of new functionality).[1] and i got this from wikipedia
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome