Is it safe to port forward on 25565?

Lassemmm's Avatar Lassemmm11/15/12 9:55 am
1 emeralds 1.4k 7
11/15/2012 11:08 am
Phrozenbit's Avatar Phrozenbit
Hello Everyone! i just wanted to ask is it dangerous to port forward? on a netgear router? Beacuse i would ask you if it's dangerous Beacuse Its not only me using the router its my hole family using this router... so is there any chance that i could get hacked and my parents would getting fucking mad at me? Just asking Is there any Danger i should be aware off? ( sorry for bad english) But plz tell me if there is
Lassemmm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

TTGDubstepCraig
11/15/2012 10:56 am
Level 28 : Expert Prince
You will likely get hacked, don't do it.
exilepilot
11/15/2012 10:47 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Engineer
Phrozenbit
LassemmmHello Everyone! i just wanted to ask is it dangerous to port forward? on a netgear router? Beacuse i would ask you if it's dangerous Beacuse Its not only me using the router its my hole family using this router... so is there any chance that i could get hacked and my parents would getting fucking mad at me? Just asking Is there any Danger i should be aware off? ( sorry for bad english) But plz tell me if there is

In general not so much. But every port you open could be exploited, and you take somewhat of a security risk.

Just make sure that the program you use on the port stays updated, and that you have a decent updated anti-virus program. You and your family should be fine.

$Phrozenbit['skype'] = false;

:C
Lassemmm
11/15/2012 10:43 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
So there's no danger... is there not any chance i could get hacked? is the chance 0 %? for getting hacked i got : AVG Full internet secuirty 2013... soo
Phrozenbit
11/15/2012 11:08 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Miner
It's higly unlikely, though it's never 0%. There are better targets on the net to hack / crack for those who do that kind of thing.

$Phrozenbit['skype'] = false;

:C

Send me a pm or an e-mail, don't spam Exilepilot

You will likely get hacked, don't do it.

What makes you think that ?

Also locked the thread because it's solved.
Phrozenbit
11/15/2012 10:14 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Miner
LassemmmHello Everyone! i just wanted to ask is it dangerous to port forward? on a netgear router? Beacuse i would ask you if it's dangerous Beacuse Its not only me using the router its my hole family using this router... so is there any chance that i could get hacked and my parents would getting fucking mad at me? Just asking Is there any Danger i should be aware off? ( sorry for bad english) But plz tell me if there is

In general not so much. But every port you open could be exploited, and you take somewhat of a security risk.

Just make sure that the program you use on the port stays updated, and that you have a decent updated anti-virus program. You and your family should be fine.
ZaphodX
11/15/2012 10:04 am
Level 40 : Master Network
You are at more risk from browsing dodgy websites.
xXSilentMelodiesXx
11/15/2012 10:01 am
Level 21 : Expert Artist
No, it isn`t dangerous to portforward.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome