Suggestion: Send ticket to staff without PMC account

Snowyfox's Avatar Snowyfox2/2/15 4:59 pm
1 emeralds 644 1
2/2/2015 5:09 pm
Azie's Avatar Azie
pmc-before-banning-just-read-this-t469828.html

It seems that if one were to lose access to their PMC account, they will have to create a new account and message a moderator for help.

Will it perhaps be useful to have a feature in the site where you can send a quick ticket to staff in general, and a moderator or admin can handle the issue? This will be useful for cases like this where one can get help in recovering their account without breaking the rules.

Now, there's several problems to this:
(1) The feature can be abused by spammers, and will end up being a nuisance to staff instead of a help. Same thing might also happen to banned account holders who might decide to throw a slur of insults through the channel.

For that, we could perhaps have a single person filtering all the messages (as opposed to actually dealing with them; they simply just mark whichever is actually relevant). It would be suitable to hire a trusted person from somewhere in the site for this purpose (same way moderators are hired).

(2) How will replies function?

This part is a bit complex, and arguably the actual hindrance to this being implemented. I have some ideas, but they're a bit flawed. That's part of the reason why I made this post.

Will this work? What will make this work? Is it plausible?
It's a question for everyone.
Snowyfox
Level 26 : Expert Princess