The chatroom and serverhall.

Voice_Of_Autism's Avatar Voice_Of_Autism4/21/12 3:42 pm
4/23/2012 3:53 pm
Voice_Of_Autism's Avatar Voice_Of_Autism
As you all have undoubtably noticed spammers and morons who ignore the rules out of ignorance of them are a real problem. I feel the solution to this would be to cover the chat with the rules for everyone who accesses it for the first time. Put like a ten second time lock to "force them to read the rules" then allow them back into the chat, also if someone is temporarily banned for breaking the rules make this come up for the period of time they are banned or once they are allowed back on the site.. Tell me what ya think?

UPDATE!!!!!

Better Idea Cyprezz records himself shouting the rules and people *first timers* to the chat are forced to listen trolol. *doesn't have to be shouting but being forced to listen first time in might make it stick better, besides some people are better auditory learners.*
Voice_Of_Autism
Level 8 : Apprentice Toast

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/23/2012 1:08 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Mage
Lycandar
All you need is a page where you need to scroll to the bottom of the rules before you can join followed by a hub where you can select the chatroom to join.

This way if you post an ip in the main chat we can be fully justified in kicking you straight away.
04/23/2012 3:53 pm
Voice_Of_Autism
I like your idea, as long as I can favorite a room and set it to auto join after the first time through.
04/23/2012 11:29 am
Level 36 : Artisan Network
Charlizard
A 100 question questionarre for them to go through before they get in. They have to get 100% to join, and must complete a different questionarre everytime they join. Every questionarre is different, so no cheating. Also, if you get it wrong a message comes up in chat saying: <username> DIDN'T READ THE RULES! SHUN HIM/HER.
04/23/2012 11:35 am
Level 34 : Artisan Explorer
Lord Tristem
Aiiieeahh! Thats going Way too far. I honestly think you guys are blowing this problem out of proportion. Although I don't go into the chat to often so I could be wrong, but I can't honestly see where the problem is that bad.
04/23/2012 12:55 pm
Voice_Of_Autism
While I find the idea of everyone shunning noobs hilarious. I do think some kind of auditory forced audio that says the rules then allows players to pass on to the chat once all the words are spoke would be useful for people who don't know jack about say... Server hall or advertising.
04/23/2012 11:33 am
Level 25 : Expert Network
Animatrix
Well...I'm out. See y'all on the forums..
04/23/2012 11:32 am
Level 55 : Grandmaster Blockhead
Nyaruko Yasaka
..... this.
04/23/2012 11:25 am
Level 34 : Artisan Explorer
Lord Tristem
Well all I can say is that while this is an interesting idea I fear that it would do little to stop someone who is deadset on breaking them. In the end the most effective way of stopping them is to simply let the mods ban them for a week. You'd be surprised how well that works.
Although I must say the idea of Cyprezz shouting out the rules to them is a funny idea and probably be good for some laughs. If only because I have no idea what he sounds
04/23/2012 11:17 am
Voice_Of_Autism
Okay an even better Idea a forced video when you enter the chat for the first time that makes you watch cyprezz dancing to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32FB-gYr49Y while shouting the rules
04/22/2012 8:16 pm
Voice_Of_Autism
That might work Black. I still like my wait several seconds and hope they read the rules then clicking proceed to go to the chat but your's might work better.
04/21/2012 3:45 pm
Animatrix
A bit forceful, but I agree with the concept. The rules aren't very clear as you enter the chatroom, maybe a "Scroll through the rules, then tick the box at the bottom saying that you've read the rules before being forwarded into the chat room"?
04/22/2012 8:13 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Miner
BlackFTW
How about we have to enter a code into a box to enter the chat, and the code is very stealthily hidden someone where in the middle of the rules? You'd have to read at least some of the rules to find the code...
04/23/2012 11:19 am
Animatrix
True.....

In all honesty, there's always gonna be some troll that reads the rules, then entrers chat and breaks 'em.
04/22/2012 8:17 pm
Level 20 : Expert Princess
Puppypal057
Idea approved.~<3
04/22/2012 6:55 pm
Voice_Of_Autism
I would agree with you but
Click to reveal
people ignore those all the time and just skip to the bottom and click myself included. X D
I feel even though this is more forceful it's less likely to get ignored.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome