[Request] Updated skins don't show?

Rihawk's Avatar Rihawk2/16/13 1:27 am
2/16/2013 12:30 pm
Rihawk's Avatar Rihawk
I don't know if this is just happening to me, but when I update my skins they only show up updated in the 3D viewer. I would be awesome if it also showed the updated versions in the 2D pictures also because when you are just browsing skins, thats all you see, and this doesn't help me get views on my old skins that are now quite good.

Here is a picture as proof:

Thank you
-Rihawk10
Rihawk
Level 51 : Grandmaster Giraffe

Create an account or sign in to comment.

-Rusty-
02/16/2013 12:17 pm
Level 40 : Master Procrastinator
this happened to me as well...

but after a few days, it changes....
Cipher_Punk
02/16/2013 12:16 pm
Level 80 : Elite Grump
Wrong, wrong, wrong. Even the moderators in this thread are wrong.

The content of the site submissions (uploads) are stored on a different server than the rest of the actual site, for a number of load-balancing and security reasons.

The previews are not, therefore, on the same server as the hosted skins. Instead, they are generated by a script that runs on the submissions server, then stored on the main server with the main site content.

This script only runs a few times for updates. If it ran constantly, it would incurr HUGE overhead on both servers, and make the site phenomenally slow.

TL;dr - just be patient, your preview will eventually catch up to what your skin looks like. It is not a bug, it is actually a feature to help the site run faster and smoother, and no, there is nothing you can do about it.
Rihawk
02/16/2013 12:30 pm
Ok, Thanks a lot! I'll keep this in mind
Rihawk
02/16/2013 12:11 pm
ok, I cleared my cache and went to bed, but now, in the morning the pictures aren't even showing up at all. Would this just be a problem with my internet? because of I have 10 submissions and I only see pictures of 7 of them.
Teddy
02/16/2013 12:05 pm
Level 70 : Legendary Skinner
It's a known issue.
Do not worry though, for it shows up fine for other people. It should update itself within a few hours or so if clearing your cache did not work.
-R A W R-
02/16/2013 2:38 am
Level 21 : Expert Explorer
This is happening to me to
Luis
02/16/2013 2:07 am
Level 71 : Legendary Pokemon
It's most likely your browser cacheing the older version, empty the cache and the new version should show instead
Rihawk
02/16/2013 1:46 am
Oh, derp. Thanks for the help anyways!
Aeons
02/16/2013 1:30 am
Level 21 : Expert Lumberjack
As always, it's just your browser caching.
I have never seen your skin before, so for me it looks like this:

-1b8
pixel master
02/16/2013 1:30 am
Level 25 : Expert Artist
It could be a bug or a glitch Maybe it has something to do with your internet connection
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome